QuickBooks is an all-in-one accounting tool that is unbelievably useful when it comes to managing business operations and transactions. It is a perfect fit for both small businesses as well as medium-sized businesses. Even though it has enabled businesses in reaching new heights, it frequently displays issues like QuickBooks Error 6000 77.
In this blog, we will talk about the ways to handle this issue. It is a common problem that users encounter while opening the company file. The error affects the workflow and does not let the user perform other activities on the software. It is very similar to QuickBooks error 6123 but has a different resolution procedure. At QB Pro Solution, we will provide you with the best solution.
What Stimulates QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77?
Here are some common reasons why error 6000 77 takes place: –
- The location of the company file is changed and is situated on outside media.
- QB is using a mapped drive to open the important company/organization file.
- Third-Party security and antivirus programs are causing a blockage.
- The company file is getting accessed using the wrong credentials.
Relevant Guidelines for Fixing QuickBooks Error 6000 77
You may make use of the following solutions in order to eradicate error 6000 77 from your accounting program: –
Solution 1: Utilize the UNC path and avoid using a mapped drive
- Find QuickBooks on your desktop and right-click on it.
- Choose the ‘Run as Admin’ option and press the Ctrl key simultaneously.
- You need to hold the Ctrl Key until the no company open window appears on your screen. (The Ctrl (Control) key helps in preventing QB from auto-opening the company file)
- Now, click on the Open or Restore Company option from the file menu.
- Select the option named as Open a company file and after that click on the Next button.
- In the left pane, you will find the Network option, click on it and find the company file location.
- In case you cannot find the folder that contains the company file, you require setting folder permissions
- Once done, choose the company file and click on Open.
- QuickBooks error code 6000 77 will not display now.
Solution 2: Renaming.ND and.TLG file
- Open the folder that comprises the company file.
- In the folder, you require searching for files ending with “.TLG” and “.ND”
- Once you find them, rename them by Right-Clicking on them.
- You can enter the world ‘old’ next so that you are able to distinguish them from the new ones in the future.
Solution 3: Remove the damaged folder and create a new one
- Open the C:\ drive of your computer system and create a new folder
- Now, open the folder that contains the QB company file.
- Search for the .qbw file and right-click on it as soon as you find it.
- Select the Copy option to copy it and then paste it on the new folder that you created in the C:\
- Lastly, open the Company file from the new location. Hopefully, you will not find QuickBooks error code 6000 77 anymore. In case it still appears, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Restoring the Company File in QB
- Simply open your accounting tool (QuickBooks)
- From the File option, click on the Open Company File option (2006 version and prior versions).
- For users having 2007 and versions after that, you only have to double-click to open the QB company file and then click on Next.
- On the left pane, look for the My Network Places and open the My Computer Window
- Select the Entire Network and find the company file location on your server.
- Check for other options and open the company file as per your needs.
By far, these are the 4 solutions that have allowed many users to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6000 77. Besides these solutions, there is also an option of using QuickBooks File Doctor.
At QB Pro Solution, we provide our customers with the best possible techniques for resolving their accounting issues. We aim towards giving an error-free and seamless experience to them. You may contact us through our global toll-free number 1.800.579.0391 in case you wish to know more.
Read Also: QuickBooks Error 15241