The COVID-19 pandemic outbreak that took place in early 2020 dramatically affected higher education development. The covid 19 pandemic also made several countries close their borders to international students to stop the spread of the virus. One such country was Australia which has a significant number of international students.
However, in March 2020, the country closed its border and imposed increased travel restrictions on international students due to the pandemic. These directly impacted students’ travel between their countries and study destinations.
After two years of putting a stop to the international students from entry, Australia has finally reopened its border. Despite Australia’s Omicron case surge, the visa holders can now enter the country.
Can International students return to Australia?
- Yes, international students can now return to Australia as per advice issued by the Australian Government, Department of Home Affairs.
- The government has now started issuing student visas in all locations. So, students can travel as the borders have reopened.
- According to Australia’s Minister for Immigration, approximately 43,000 students have already arrived after the lifting of the border entry ban.
- With this, students from different countries who’ve had to endure learning for the last 2 years are now finally returning to the on-campus learning phase.
Australia has the strictest Covid-19 travel restrictions not only for travelers but also for international students. It has only just started letting the students from other into Australia from the end of 2021.
Travel guidelines for International students returning to Australia
The Australian government has also made some temporary changes to its student visa regulations. These have been changed keeping the Covid situation and people’s safety in mind. Are you also a student at an Australian university? Have you waited long for returning to the on-campus learning phase?
- International students returning to Australia should be fully vaccinated.
- They should have received a full dose of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
- You should carry proof of your vaccination status while entering Australia
- You must present proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken 72 hours prior to departure.
- If you have got a medical certificate as proof of a negative Rapid Antigen Test taken within 24 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure then also you can travel to Australia.
Read Also: Economics Homework Help
Australia offering student visa relaxations after Covid-19 disruption
One of the good things is that Australia has offered some relaxation to the students coming to Australia. Are you one of them? Going to Australia for higher education? If yes then you need to focus on these changes related to the student visa process.
- Australia has offered a range of new visa support initiatives for international students and graduates. In this, there will be an international student visa fee refund and a Covid-19 visa fee waiver. Apart from this, there will also be extra time for English language tests and health checks. Extended ‘stay and work’ periods and replacement temporary graduate visas are also a part of this initiative.
- Students with a student visa on or after February 1, 2020, but who could not complete their course because of Covid-19 are now eligible to have their student visa application fee waived. This will be applicable when they’ll apply for a new student visa.
- Student graduates with a valid Temporary Graduate visa of subclass 485 who were outside of Australia between February 1, 2020, and December 14, 2021, will have their visa extended to September 30, 2022. This extension is only for those who were not able to complete the course because of COVID-19 international travel restrictions
According to the new visa changes, there will be no restriction on the number of working hours while studying in Australia.
These new visa changes will be reviewed in April 2022. Regardless of all the temporary visa changes, students must still meet their course enrolment and other requirements. You might don’t know about the My Assignment Help
Assignment help assistance by MyAssignmentHelpAU
If the international students are stressed about their assignment submission they can rely on MyAssignmentHelpAU for Assignment editing service. They’ve native writers and subject specialists who’ll take care of your assignments with ease. Along with this, students can get a huge discount of up to 30% on all the writing orders with them.