With the electronic industry making so many strides, there are many waste materials that ride out of their factories as well. If you don’t take care of them now, then the damage to the environment would be unbearable.
It might seem like I am preaching to the choir here, but that’s true. The amount of e waste material that electronic industries produce can fast-track our world into an apocalyptic time. That’s why, it’s mandatory for many electronic companies to get the EPR certificate to start their business. Taking that certificate would mean that you’re capable of safely disposing that electronic waste.
What is EPR Certificate?
How to get the EPR Certificate?
What are the documents required to get EPR registration (EPR Certificate)?
These are the questions that are discussed and answered below. If you’re planning to start an electronics manufacturing business, and are not aware of this certification, it’s important that you go through each word.
What is EPR License?
EPR is shortened term for Extended Producer responsibility. Any electronic manufacturing company or E waste management companies have to be environmentally responsible when dealing with electronic wastes. You have to make sure that you deal with wastes in a way that:
- Doesn’t do damage to the environs.
- Doesn’t physically harm the people.
- And doesn’t damage the present ecosystem.
Thus, to EPR certificate means that you’re capable of disposing of electronic wastes in a way that doesn’t harm the environment in any way. That’s why, EPR certificate is also known as the E Waste Management License
Who has to get the EPR certificate?
EPC certificate is a mandatory authorization of the and the one eligible to get it are producers of electronic products. These products include:
- Personal computers
- Mini Computers
- Washing machines
- And other electronic products that are have electrical circuitry.
Not just that. To increase the chance of acquiring the license with no objection, you need specialized equipment in your factories that you use to dispose of electronic wastes. If you do, you’ll get the EPR license much easily.
What is the process of getting the EPR Certificate?
To obtain the EPC certificate, follow the process as is given below:
- Get the required documents: Correct documentation is the most important step to get right if you are to obtain the EPR certificate without any issues.
- File the application at the Central Pollution Control Board’s office: Once you’ve filed the application and attached the right documents to it, go to the CPCB office to submit it.
- Let the application be processed: As you submit the application, know that it won’t be picked up for processing instantly. There is always a queue of applications that lie before you. That’s why, you’d have to wait a while for the board to pick it up for processing. Once it does, you’ll be notified of the same.
- Acquire the E Waste management Certificate: E waste management certificate would be issued to you if the board finds all the information you’ve given to be accurate.
Documents required for EPR Certificate?
Following are the documents required to get the EPR certificate:
- Your address proof
- Certificate of incorporation of your company
- Your company’s IEC code
- Certificates by municipal corporations if applicable in your area.
- Your contact details
- Certified copy of the PAN card
- Details of the person certifying your documents
- Details of the products you’re manufacturing/exporting.
- If you have the copy of the BIS license, provide that.
- Details of the recycler installed in your place of business.
- Details of the quantity of E Waste
- Details of how much money you’ll spend on E waste management
- Details of any awareness programs you’ve created to make people aware of E Waste management.
- Plan of Electronic Producer Responsibility.
- Copy of the agreement you’ve signed with recyclers, collection centers, dealers and other E waste management companies.
- The website content that highlights your commitment towards management of E waste.
Change begins when producers take responsibility of dealing with electronic wastes. That’s why, E Waste Certificate is an important authorization. It not only makes sure that your business is part of a sustainable growth, but it also protects your consumers from harm.