Shoppable Instagram feed – a term popular among eCommerce brands and online stores that sell physical goods and services.
Online retailers regard Instagram as the best social media platform for their marketing campaigns. And quite rightly so! Because it has the greatest potential to increase sales, traffic, and engagement.
Brands can sell their products through content in a more streamlined and beneficial way with Shoppable Instagram feeds. The shoppable Instagram feature gives brands direct opportunities to convert content into conversions.
This article will teach you how to successfully create and leverage shoppable Instagram feeds – both on Instagram and on your brand’s website.
Why You Should Use Shoppable Instagram Feed For Your Business?
Users can go through the entire buyer’s journey, from discovery to checkout, thanks to the Instagram shoppable posts feature and other helpful tools such as the product wishlist, product launch reminder, and shopping stickers on Instagram Stories.
Social media platforms are commonly regarded as excellent tools for increasing brand awareness. However, Instagram’s new integrations have turned it into a major revenue generator.
According to a 2019 Facebook study, 54% of respondents purchased items immediately or shortly after seeing a product or service on Instagram.
Instagram’s shopping features can benefit more than just direct-to-consumer brands. According to a HootSuite Q4 2020 report, 36.2% of B2B decision-makers use the app to source new products.
Shoppable posts are identified by a clickable shopping bag icon that displays product information and a call-to-action to the brand’s Shop page.
How To Use Shoppable Instagram Feed For Making Sales
To use a shoppable Instagram feed to make online sales, you will need to have a business Instagram account and an e-commerce website or platform that can integrate with Instagram’s shopping feature. Here are the steps to set up a shoppable Instagram feed:
- Connect your Instagram account to your e-commerce platform. This will allow you to tag products in your Instagram posts and link them to the corresponding product pages on your website.
- Create product tags in your Instagram posts. You can tag up to five products per image or video post, and up to twenty products per carousel post.
- Add product information to your Instagram business profile. This includes details such as business name, contact information, and a link to your website.
- Optimize your Instagram posts for discoverability. Use relevant hashtags and post at the best times for your audience to increase visibility.
- Track and analyze your Instagram shopping performance. Use Instagram’s analytics tools to track the performance of your shoppable posts and see which products are performing well.
- Use Shopify for Instagram‘s shopping feature to create a shoppable store.
- Use Instagram’s shopping feature to create shoppable live videos, where you can tag products during the live video, so the customers can purchase them instantly.
- Use Instagram’s shopping feature to create an Instagram shop, which is a dedicated section on your profile where customers can browse and purchase your products.
By following these steps, you can create a shoppable Instagram feed that helps you drive online sales and increase revenue.
Benefits Of Using Shoppable Instagram Feed
Shows Your Products In Action
E-commerce user-generated content is created by your customers to demonstrate the real-world applications of your products.
That is what makes shoppable Instagram feeds so powerful because it allows you to show your products in action.
Generally, brands would create fake scenarios by hiring paid models that are usually labeled as “made-up” or “marketing gimmicks” by the consumers.
The raw nature of user-generated content, on the other hand, becomes the real game changer for your eCommerce store. Potential customers are influenced to buy your products by their peers.
Creates User-Engagement & Brand Awareness
When it comes to user engagement, user-generated content can take the lead. This is because it creates a sense of social proof in your customers.
Social proof operates as a bandwagon effect; when a user observes a social behavior that more people are adopting, they are more likely to adopt that behavior as well.
Customers who interact with the user-generated content you provide are influenced to create content for you. As more people create content for you, it reaches a larger audience, resulting in increased brand awareness.
Not to mention how the transparency of your content will attract prospects and encourage them to engage with it and explore further.
Increases Conversion Rates
This section serves as a wrap-up for all of the preceding subparts, stating the benefits of UGC for eCommerce stores. That’s because combining all of their results in an increased conversion rate for a brand.
User-generated content, in whatever form it takes (photos, videos, reviews, ratings, etc.), has the potential to engage, attract, influence, and convert prospects on its own.
UGC has influenced the purchasing decisions of 53% of millennials. When e-commerce brands distribute user-generated content across consumer touchpoints, it encourages prospects to make positive purchase decisions, which ultimately boosts brand sales.
The basic idea is to convert the point of inspiration into conversion, which UGC does very well.
The marketing industry is constantly changing. Your competitors are always trying to get ahead of you in the race.
If you own an eCommerce business or a brand with an online store, you simply cannot sit back and relax because you must leverage Shoppable content.
Including an Instagram Shoppable feed on your website is a fantastic way to engage your visitors. Using social commerce, you can actually convert them into loyal customers.