BIOS are a program solidified on computer motherboard chip ROM. It controls communication between all input and output devices on the computer (such as disk drives, display, keyboard, mouse, and printer). Also it saves important computer input and output program, system settings information, start-up self-check program and BIOS. Before upgrade or after BIOS restore, you will need to load default best settings with Load Optimized Defaults option, which can play motherboard’s effectiveness. And Load Fail-Safe Defaults option can help you to restore default settings. You must follow the effective steps to Update BIOS in Computer or Laptop, and they are hereby below.
Effective Steps to Update BIOS in Computer or Laptop
- At the first step, Head to the motherboard manufacturer’s website and click on Downloads.
- You might find a set of available BIOS versions.
- Download the version to which you intend to update.
- You will probably wish to grab the most recent BIOS version—if you don’t have a particular significance of an older one.
- If you bought a pre-built computer in place of building your own personal, visit the computer manufacturer’s website, lookup the computer model, and look at its download page.
- You will discover the BIOS updates there.
- Your BIOS download probably is available in an archive.
- The archive also needs to include a README file that’ll walk you through updating to the brand new BIOS.
- You should pick one of several types of BIOS-flashing tools, depending on your own motherboard.
- Some manufacturers give you a BIOS-flashing option directly inside their BIOS or as a unique key-press option once you boot the computer.
- You copy the BIOS file to a USB drive, reboot your personal computer, and then enter the BIOS or UEFI screen.
- From there, you select the BIOS-updating option; find the BIOS file you added to the USB drive, and the BIOS updates to the newest version.
- You generally access the BIOS screen by pressing the right key while your personal computer boots—it’s often displayed on the screen throughout the boot process and is going to be noted in your motherboard or PC’s manual.
Surely, for different Basic Input Output System, maybe the option is not the same too, especially some options introduced above how to update BIOS in Computer or Laptop and all are mentioned above.