QuickBooks is an exceptional software when it comes to managing the accounts and finance of an organization. Even though it allows smooth and hassle-free functioning, sometimes users can encounter different errors while operating the software. One such error is QuickBooks Error 1328 that displays a message on your screen, “ Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.MSi\PTXXX.tmp”. This issue triggers when installing, updating, repairing, or uninstalling the QuickBooks Desktop. Have a look at this article to understand the causes and the troubleshooting methods to eliminate the problem.
To get rid of the error 1328 in QuickBooks, call one of our experienced professionals via our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391
Prime Reasons to Encounter QuickBooks Desktop Error 1328
Below are the possible reasons due to which the error 1328 in QB can trigger-
- The QuickBooks installation file might be corrupted.
- You might have entered the wrong details of your QuickBooks Desktop product while activating it.
You may read also: QuickBook Error 6073
How to Overcome the Error Message 1328 in QuickBooks?
The following two solutions will help you to fix the error successfully. Check out the easiest ways to resolve the issue below-
SOLUTION 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool After Downloading and Installing QuickBooks Tool Hub
- You need to download the current version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub software.
- After downloading, save the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file to an easily accessible location.
- Now, go to the file and run it.
- Once you click on ‘Run’, the installation of the application begins.
- Proceed with the instructions displayed on the screen and also checkmark the relevant checkboxes to accept the terms and conditions.
- To complete the process, click on the ‘Finish’ option.
- Go to your Windows desktop and open the Tool Hub by clicking twice on the icon.
- Select the ‘Installation Issues’ section, choose ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’.
SOLUTION 2: Try Uninstalling QuickBooks and then Installing it Again
Note: Make sure you have your QuickBooks License Number, QuickBooks Version, and Product Year written in front of you. Gather the information and then go through the following steps-
- On your Window’s ‘Start’ button, choose ‘Control Panel’.
- On the following window, hit ‘Uninstall a Program’ or ‘Programs and Features’.
- A list of programs will appear from where you must select the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, click ‘Uninstall/Change’, then ‘Remove’, and finally, ‘Next’.
- Again, download the QuickBooks Desktop save the downloaded file to a convenient location.
- Next, run the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file and start to install it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and agree to the terms and conditions by selecting the checkboxes.
- Type the License Number and the Product details.
- Tap ‘Next’ and select the ‘Install Type’ you require- ‘Custom and Network’ or ‘Express Install’.
- Hit ‘Next’ and then on the ‘Install’ option.
- Open the application to activate it.
As the blog concludes here, we hope that these troubleshooting methods have helped you resolve the QuickBooks error 1328. However, just in case the issue persists, we suggest you have a one-to-one consultation with our QuickBooks tech team at our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 3371