QuickBooks is a top-notch accounting application; however, it’s not completely immune to errors like any other accounting application. QuickBooks Runtime error is among the most common errors that many users face while performing important actions in QuickBooks, such as payroll setup, running a payroll checkup, or emailing pay stubs. An error message pops up on the computer screen, which states, “Microsoft Visual C++ Library runtime error.” With this post, we are going to discuss with you why QuickBooks Runtime error arises in the first place and how to quickly get rid of it, that too in layman’s terms.
Looking for instant troubleshooting assistance resolving QuickBooks Runtime error? If yes, contact our QuickBooks support team at +1-800-579-9430.
What are the reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Desktop Runtime error?
Generally, QuickBooks Desktop Runtime error gets triggered when there is a conflict between QuickBooks Desktop and any other application running on the computer. However, there are other factors too that can cause it, such as:
- Damaged installation files of QuickBooks Desktop.
How to rectify QuickBooks Runtime error?
Solution 1: Perform the required action in Selective startup mode of the computer
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- In the search box, type “Run” and select Run.
- In the Run window, type “MSConfig” and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- On the System Configuration Utility window, select the General tab.
- Click on the Selective Startup option.
- Under Selective Startup, unmark the checkbox of Load Startup Items.
- Select the OK button.
- Switch off your computer and start it again.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, perform the required action.
- Repeat the first five steps that we have mentioned above.
- Under Selective Startup, checkmark the Load Startup Items checkbox.
- When prompted, re-launch your computer.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error olsu 1013
Solution 2) Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective startup mode of the computer
- At first, start your computer in Selective Setup mode.
- Uninstall the version of QuickBooks Desktop with which you’re facing QuickBooks Runtime error.
- Download and install the most updated version (184.108.40.206) of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer.
- In QuickBooks Tool Hub, click on the Installation Issues tab.
- Select the Clean Install Tool button and then click OK.
- Pick the QuickBooks version and product version that you’ve uninstalled.
- Select the Continue button.
- When you notice the message stating, “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location,” click OK.
- Download the QuickBooks version you’ve uninstalled and install it following the on-screen instructions.
- In QuickBooks Desktop, try to perform the required action and see whether the error is rectified.
- After performing the required action, switch your computer from Selective startup mode to Normal mode.
If you get QuickBooks Runtime error even after following both the troubleshooting solutions that we have mentioned above in the post, we suggest you take immediate assistance resolving it from our professional QuickBooks at +1-800-579-9430.