When it comes to hair care, we frequently focus on finding the right shampoo, conditioner, and styling products.
However, one essential tool that we frequently overlook is the hair dryer.
High-quality hair dryers such as the Gama IQ Professional Hair Dryer are a staple in our beauty routines, helping us achieve the perfect blowout or simply dry our hair quickly.
But did you know that understanding the different heat settings on your hair dryer can make a considerable difference in the health and overall appearance of your hair?
In this blog post, we’ll explore the various heat settings on hair dryers and guide you in choosing the right one for your hair type and styling needs.
Types of Heat Setting
Low Heat Setting
The low heat setting on your professional hair dryer is perfect for individuals with fine or delicate hair.
- This setting produces a gentle stream of warm air that helps to minimize heat damage and frizz.
- If you’re thin or easily damaged hair, using the low heat setting will prevent excessive drying and keep your locks looking healthy.
Medium Heat Setting
The medium heat setting in a professional hair dryer is a versatile option suitable for most hair types. It provides a balanced amount of heat that dries your hair efficiently without causing excessive damage.
- If you have normal or slightly thick hair, this setting will work well for you. It helps to accelerate the drying process while minimizing the risk of over-drying or frying your strands.
- The medium heat setting is also great for setting your style in place after applying products like mousse or heat protectants.
High Heat Setting
The high-heat setting is best suited for individuals with thick or coarse hair.
- This setting delivers a powerful blast of hot air that can quickly dry even the thickest of hair.
- However, it’s important to use this setting with caution, as the intense heat can cause damage if not properly managed. You can also toggle between low and high-heat setting to achieve the optimal style without damaging your hair.
- If you use the high heat setting, ensure to keep the dryer moving continuously and maintain a safe distance from your hair.
Cool Shot Button
In addition to the heat settings, many hair dryers, such as the Gama IQ Professional Hair Dryer, feature a cool shot button.
- This function emits a stream of cool air when pressed, which helps to seal the hair cuticles, lock in shine, and set your style.
- Using the cool shot after blow-drying your hair will provide a refreshing burst of coolness and help your style last longer.
How to Choose the Right Heat Setting?
Are your strands fine and delicate, or do you have thick, luscious locks? Matching your heat setting to your hair type is key to achieving the best results.
Fine or delicate hair: Low heat setting
If your hair is on the finer side or prone to damage, opt for the low heat setting. This gentle setting on the hair dryer will treat your hair with care, minimizing the risk of heat damage and frizz.
Normal or slightly thick hair: Medium heat setting
For those lucky individuals with normal or slightly thick hair, the medium heat setting is your go-to option. This balanced heat setting provides efficient drying without going overboard.
Thick or coarse hair: High heat setting
Got a glorious mane of thick or coarse hair? High heat setting in a professional blow dryer is the perfect solution for you. With a powerful blast of hot air, this setting will dry your locks in record time. A low heat setting in thick hair will increase the drying time leading to heat damage and frizz.
How to minimize heat damage?
Use a heat protectant
No matter which heat setting you choose, always remember to use a heat protectant before blow-drying.
This essential product creates a barrier, shielding your strands from excessive heat exposure and minimizing potential damage. Ensure that you’re using a high-quality heat protectant for your styling needs.
Keep the dryer moving
To prevent your hair from becoming a casualty of excessive heat, keep the dryer moving. Don’t let the heated airflow linger in one spot for too long, as this can result in localized heat damage.
Utilize the cool shot button
The “cool shot” button is a feature commonly found on hair dryers, and its purpose is to provide a blast of cool air. After blow-drying your hair, give it a little love by pressing that cool shot button. This coolness helps to seal the hair cuticles, setting your style in place and adding an extra dose of shine. It’s the cherry on top of your blowout sundae.
Knowing the correct heat setting is crucial before investing in a hair dryer. By understanding and selecting the right heat setting on your Gama Professional Blow Dryer, you can achieve beautiful, healthy hair that’s perfectly styled without compromising its well-being.