QuickBooks is an effective software to make a business function properly. It has multiple features that allow the user to deal with every aspect of finance and accounts of its business, like expenses, incomes, payroll, etc. However, while operating, installing, or updating QuickBooks, you can come across different issues and errors that can cause trouble. One such error, QuickBooks error 15270, comes up when you try to update the payroll service. A message appears on the screen that says, “ Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file”. There can be multiple reasons behind the problem. If you want to know the causes of the error and learn the troubleshooting methods to eliminate it, go through our detailed article until the end.
To clarify all your queries regarding error 15270, feel free to have a conversation with our team of QuickBooks experts via our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391
Why do you Encounter QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270?
Read the points below to know what causes the payroll error while updating it-
- If the subscription of your QuickBooks payroll service is inactive.
- If you are not making use of Employer Identification Number (EINs) but using Social Security numbers.
- The error can also arise if you have enabled the User Account Controls in Windows.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 15243
Ways to Fix Error Code 15270 in QuickBooks Desktop
To get rid of the payroll update error, you can follow the solutions mentioned below-
SOLUTION 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub to Use Quick Fix my Program Tool
- Check for the recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub to download it.
- Once you have downloaded the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file, save it to a convenient location so that you can access it quickly.
- Next, to begin the installation process, run the downloaded file. You are required to follow the instructions displayed on the screen and checkmark the ‘Terms and Conditions’ checkboxes.
- After you have installed it, run the software.
- Now, go to the ‘Program Problems’ menu and choose the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool.
- Finally, the tool will examine all the issues and rectify them.
SOLUTION 2: On Your Windows Desktop, Turn Off the User Account Control
- Go to the ‘Start’ tab on the desktop, and select ‘Control Panel’.
- In the Control Panel window, choose ‘User Accounts’.
- Hit ‘User Accounts (Classic View)’ and then ‘Change user account control settings’.
- To turn off the User Account Control, set the bar to ‘Never Notify’ and ‘OK’.
- Once done, restart your computer system.
We hope the solutions mentioned above have resolved the QuickBooks error 15270 as these troubleshooting methods are absolutely tried and tested. If in case you are still not able to overcome the problem, speak to one of our certified QuickBooks professionals for an instant solution by dialing our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6000 83