Multiple companies usually store their mailbox data into the exchange database file. But these files are also inclined to corruption.
One of the most common nightmares for almost all Exchange administrators is losing their data. There are different reasons behind the corruption of the Exchange database file (.edb) is through the virus attack, hardware issues, and much more. Now, let’s move ahead for the solution to recover the Exchange mailbox without wasting more time.
Now if look at the solution, then the manual method comes to mind. Moreover, recovery of exchange mailboxes data through this method requires technical knowledge and is also time-consuming. So to overcome all challenges of the free recovery method looking for a third-party recovery tool is a wiser choice. Before we start with the possible Exchange recovery options, let’s quickly take a look at some common Exchange corruption reasons.
Reason of Exchange EDB file Corruption
No data is safe in today’s technical world, as there is always a possibility of occurrence of corruption in the data files. The same goes for the Exchange EDB files, it is prone to corruption due to many reasons. Check out some of the common reasons:
- A virus attack is one of the common reasons responsible to corrupt the .edb files. It may also lead to serve corruption in Exchange database files and could cause hardware failure.
- Sudden power abruption is also the reason for EDB file corruption and makes it inaccessible to view the data stored in .edb files.
- If the EDB file exceeds its permissible storage limit, then you might face the incident of EDB corruption.
- The sudden crash of the software installed on the system is responsible to create corruption in the EDB files.
- Hardware failure due to an issue in the motherboard or due to any other reason can cause corruption in the data stored in the system.
After looking at the reason for the EDB file corruption, the user needs to recover Exchange mailbox data without sacrificing or losing data while recovering files. Manual methods and third-party software options are available, but we will not recommend utilizing the manual process due to the more complexity involved in this strategy.
Let’s check the reason why users need to avoid using the manual approach
Drawbacks of recovering Exchange Data Manual Methods
Performing manual methods to recover the data from the Exchange EDB files is a tough task. Most users will face multiple problems during recovery because of the lack of support and technical knowledge. A single mistake during the process could result in data deletion or chances of corruption in the Exchange database files. As we have known that recovery of Exchange EDB files through the manual method possess the risk of losing data, it is better to opt for third-party software.
Continue reading to know more about it.
Simpler Approach to Recover Exchange Mailbox
After gaining knowledge about the difficulties in the manual procedure, let’s move ahead to find out the easier solution to make the recovery of the Exchange mailboxes data. One of the straight forward’s methods and solutions that can be utilized in this situation is Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager.
If you are unable to recover the Exchange mailbox using PowerShell and Eseutil command, then this software is best to use. This tool is surety for the risk-free recovery of the important mailbox stored in the Exchange database files. It has a simple user interface that does not require technical knowledge from the user to operate it. The software facilitates the speedy recovery of the mailboxes and their deleted items from the EDB files.
Most prominent features of the Shoviv Exchange Recovery Manager
- It has advanced capabilities of recovering complete mailbox data including emails, contact, attachments, etc., from the corrupted and non-corrupted .edb files.
- The software has the preview facility to review the added EDB file mailboxes data. It proves valuable to make sure that only desired data gets recovered.
- This Exchange recovery manager tool allows searching a particular mailbox item from the EDB file using multiple search criteria such as To, CC, BCC, Item type, from, etc.
- After recovering the mailbox item from the corrupted EDB files, the tool also gives the facility to save them into file formats like EML, Vcard, MSG, HTML, RTF, etc.
- Users can also export exchange mailboxes into Office 365, Outlook PST, and even the Outlook profile store.
- You can also generate the process report after completing the recovery process. It will help the organization to analyze the result in a better way.
- The tool equips with the filter option, which enables a selection of the desired data for processing.
- It also makes you save the recovered EDB file data into a single folder at the desired location in the system.
- This tool has the unmatched GUI among all exchange mailbox recovery tools that help users to perform the recovery task.
Corruption in the Exchange EDB files is a common incident. We hope this write-up has cleared your doubt regarding the procedure to recover Exchange mailbox data. It also helps you decide on selecting the right approach.