QuickBooks Desktop helps thousands of companies in keeping track of their day-to-day financing activities. What makes QuickBooks Desktop unique is that it allows users to connect with their bank accounts, which means users can download their bank transactions directly in the QuickBooks Desktop application. However, in recent days, many users have reported QuickBooks error OL 301 while trying to connect with their bank or download bank transactions in QuickBooks. Through this post, we are going to discuss why QuickBooks error OL 301 occurs and how to fix it.
Getting frustrating because of QuickBooks error OL 301 and want to get over it instantly? If yes, feel free to contact our QuickBooks professionals at (1.800.579.0391).
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error OL 301?
Generally, QuickBooks error OL 301 arises when the connection between the bank and QuickBooks Desktop gets interrupted. However, there can be other reasons too behind it, such as:
- Damage or corruption in the company file.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1311
What are the best ways to fix QuickBooks error OL 301?
Solution 1) Refresh the connection between QuickBooks and the bank
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Lists menu.
- From the Lists menu, select the Chart of Accounts option.
- Right-click on the bank account with which you are having the error and select the Edit Account option.
- Click on the Bank Settings tab.
- Select the Deactivate all online services option and click on the OK button.
- Click on the Save & Close button.
- Restart QuickBooks and go to the Banking menu.
Hover over the Bank Feeds option.
- From the side menu, select the Set Up Bank Feed for an Account option.
- Select your QuickBooks account and then click on Next.
- Select your bank and then click on the Next button.
- Do as per the on-screen instructions to connect your bank account.
- Select the Connect option and then click on the Close button.
Solution 2) Repair your damaged company file using the QuickBooks Verify/Rebuild tool
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and select the File menu.
- Hover over the Utilities option.
- From the side menu, select the Rebuild Data option.
- On the QuickBooks Information window, select the OK button.
- Do as per the instructions mentioned on your computer screen to create a backup company file and save it.
- When the tool is done repairing your company file, select the OK button.
- Click on the File menu and hover over the Utilities option.
- From the side menu, select the Verify Data option.
- If QuickBooks doesn’t report any damage in the company file, click on the OK button.
- Note: In case QuickBooks finds damage or corruption in your company file, select the Rebuild Now option and wait till the repairing of the company file is done.
- Now, try to perform the required action in QuickBooks and see whether you get any error.
If QuickBooks error OL 301 persists even after following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then we advise you to get instant troubleshooting assistance resolving it from our QuickBooks professionals at 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error QBW32.exe