Here’s the thing – a lot of us are bored out of our minds with the thought of dull, plain white walls, but at the same time, grow quite weary with the mere thought of painting from scratch. That is just how things are. More often than not, painting has been the bane of most homeowners out there in general because it required a great deal of dedication and expertise. On the upside, it is one of the most inexpensive ways to improve the look of your home. Plus, compared to a lot of other similar tasks, it does not require a great deal of effort as well.
Colours can make or break the interior design of your room as well as affect the general mood of your house. Yes, believe it or not, that fact is true. Solid plastering is just one of the many things to keep in mind. However, there are a few key aspects that one should ideally keep in mind before hiring out a painter for the job. After all, you need to do whatever it takes to ensure that the process is an overall success. Here are the top six vital tips to know before painting your room:-
- The importance of prepping a room: It pretty much goes without saying that if there is nothing is your way, the job of painting will be a whole lot easier in general. Make sure that you remove all your furniture to the centre of the room so that the walls are left free for painting. Plus, wipe the walls free of all kinds of dust and dirt so that the paint will adhere to the walls more easily.
- Testing the paint colour: How does one determine how a particular colour will look? Simple – by buying a sample and trying it out. Allow it to dry and observe the colour during the day and night. That way, you will get a much better idea of what works and what doesn’t. Sometimes, your favourite colour might be great otherwise, but a bad fit in your room, so make sure that you experiment as much as possible.
- The paint can be changed: A lot of people are under the misconception that paint can’t be changed or if it can, it will be too much of a hassle to paint again. Both are incorrect. Not only is it quite inexpensive compared to most other similar materials, but one can easily repaint over it as well. Plus, one even has the option of keeping one wall as a bright colour just so that it is noticeable.
- Finding out how much painting is required: Too many times in the past, homeowners have run out of paint halfway through the project. Rest assured that there is nothing more frustrating and time-consuming than this, which is exactly why one needs to determine the right amount of paint. Firstly, make sure that you know the square footage of your room and secondly, think about the coats of paint that you want for each wall.
- Remembering to brush before rolling: Many people think that only the aspect of rolling is required before painting. However, the fact of the matter is that rolling cannot reach parts of the ceiling and the corners of the wall. Hence, before rolling, you have to ensure that all traces of brush marks are wiped out as well. That way, you will get a smooth, flat surface to roll on later.
- The aspect of proper supplies: Before getting started with anything, you need to make sure that you have all of the necessary supplies ready. Apart from the usual high-quality paints and paint brushes, this list should also include roller extenders as well as a sturdy and proper step ladder as well. Both items will ensure that you reach the top-most portions of your walls without putting any additional strain on your body.
The above pointers are a lot more than just a couple of casual tips. By following them, you will ensure that your entire painting experience is a lot more fun and better than you expected. Not to mention the fact that at the end of the day, you will have perfectly painted walls as well.
Having said that, it is important to note that all the tedious prep work needs to be finished as early and quickly as possible if one is to ensure that all of the painting is done and completed as smoothly as possible with the least amount of delays and hiccups. That is for certain, be it the case of kitchen renovations or anything else. All in all, this will result in a better paint job overall.