Many people are tired of facing the situation of bed bugs in their homes. This can be very dangerous for your mental as well as physical health. The creatures are small, oval, as well as brown in color that survive on the blood of animals as well as humans. Bed bugs can’t fly but are faster at moving over ceilings, walls, and even floors.
The situation of having bed bugs at home might not seem problematic at first. But when they start attacking you during nights and even mornings then you need to hire pest control Adelaide professionals. This is not a situation that can be handled on your known but you need to have complete knowledge related to it.
Causes of bed bugs
Most people believe that the infestation of bed bugs is due to filth but this is completely untrue. The bed bugs are not attracted to decay. They only live in a house or environment until they are getting complete food. No wonder, these beds are very tiny and nearly invisible. They can live in the cleanest as well as neatest environments. To avoid them one should consult Pest Control Adelaide professionals to know the real cause. However, some of the own causes are mentioned below:
- Picking up bed bugs after spending a night in a hotel or resort.
- While using any public transportation.
- During family dinners or while having a few guests at home.
- When your kids go to any place or a friend’s home.
- While picking up any used furniture from the roadside as bed bugs don’t just hide in beds.
Unusual places where bed bugs can hide
During the summer season, the bed bugs can easily travel from one place to another and it is unable to even see them. So, here are some of the unusual places where one can find bed bugs:
- Purses – bed bugs can be your unexpected shopping buddy. This can happen when you place your purse or bag on the ground or anywhere near furniture.
- Stuffed animals – the stuffed animals or toys can easily invite bed bugs into your home. It is important to wash and dry toys now and then.
- School buses – bed bugs can easily be found in the upholstery of the bus seats. It is essential to vacuum kids’ backpacks and wash clothes with warm water.
- Airplanes – you can even find bed bugs in an airplane’s seat, carpet, and even on vents. This is the reason that travelers must be aware and take necessary precautions.
- Light bulbs – there are chances for them to hide in the light bulbs. Calling in pest control Adelaide professionals will help you get rid of them from electrical hiding places.
Easiest ways to prevent bed bugs
Having bed bugs in the home is a major problem that is hard to solve. There are various measures that one needs to take to prevent these insects from disturbing your life. Here are some of the prevention methods which can help you safe from bed bugs:
- Cover your power outlets – these insects can easily climb into the holes of the outlets and hide there for the longest time. To avoid serious infestation, one should cover their power outlets to prevent the situation of infestation.
- Vacuum every day – it is seen that bed bugs are often hidden in your carpet. This is the reason that one should vacuum their house every day, especially their carpets.
- Hire professionals – if you are in a situation of a bed bug infestation then it is essential to hire pest control Adelaide professionals. A professional can safely, effectively, as well as permanently help you get rid of bed bugs.
It’s time to say bye to bed bugs
Infestation of bed bugs can be a difficult situation to handle on your own. This is because it is not easy to trace bed bugs infestation in the beginning. Also, you will most of the time find bed bugs in most unusual places. Therefore, the above-mentioned information will help you understand everything related to bed bugs. Also, it is essential to never ignore the importance of pest control Adelaide professionals.