Sanitary grade valves are specifically designed to meet the rigorous demands of the food and beverage industry. They are made from FDA-approved materials and undergo more stringent testing than standard valves. This makes them ideal for use in areas of contamination, such as in breweries, wineries, dairy plants, and food processing plants.
Sanitary grade valves meet the high standards of the food and beverage industry. They must be made from materials that are safe to contact with food, and they must be able to withstand the rigorous cleaning process required to keep equipment sanitized. This blog post will discuss the different sanitary valves and their benefits. We will also look at the materials used in making sanitary valves, and we will explain why these materials are essential for meeting FDA requirements.
Common Types Of Sanitary Valves
Sanitary valves are classified into two categories: butterfly valves and ball valves. Butterfly valves are usually used for applications that require a quick opening and closing of the valve, such as in food processing plants where products need to be quickly diverted from one process to another. Ball valves are more commonly used in pipelines, where a slower flow is desired.
Butterfly valves are made from various materials, including metal, plastic, and elastomer. Metal butterfly valves are the most common type, and they are typically made from stainless steel or brass. Plastic butterfly valves are used in applications where weight is an important consideration. For example; in food processing plants where the valve needs to be light enough to be easily moved. Elastomer butterfly valves are used in applications where a non-metallic valve is required, such as in food processing plants that need a valve that will not corrode.
Ball valves are also made from various materials, including metal and plastic. Metal ball valves are the most common type, and they are typically made from stainless steel or brass. Plastic ball valves are used in applications where weight is an important consideration, such as in food processing plants where the valve needs to be light enough to be easily moved.
Materials Used In Sanitary Valves
The materials used in making sanitary valves are essential for meeting FDA requirements. The most common material used in making sanitary valves is stainless steel. Stainless steel is a non-corrosive material that meets the stringent requirements of the food and beverage industry. It is also easy to clean and sanitize, making it ideal for sanitary applications. Other materials that are used in making sanitary valves include brass, plastic, and elastomer. Each of these materials has its benefits and drawbacks, which must be considered when selecting a sanitary valve.
Choosing a suitable sanitary valve is critical for ensuring the safety and sanitation of your equipment. The different types of sanitary valves offer various options, so it is essential to select the valve that best meets your needs. The materials used in making sanitary valves are also necessary, and you need to make sure that the valve is made from a material that meets FDA requirements. It can be challenging to decide which sanitary valve is suitable for you with so many options available. But by understanding the different types of valves and their benefits, you can make an informed decision that will ensure the safety and sanitation of your equipment.
Benefits Of Sanitary Grade Valves Include
- Ease of cleaning: the smooth surfaces of sanitary grade valves make them easy to clean. This is important for ensuring that bacteria and other contaminants do not build up on the valve surfaces.
- Corrosion resistance: sanitary grade valves are made from materials resistant to corrosion, which helps ensure their long life.
- Low maintenance: sanitary grade valves require very little maintenance, which helps save time and money.
- Flexibility: sanitary grade valves can be used in a wide range of applications, making them versatile and valuable tools.
Buying Guide for Sanitary Valves
Now that you know the different types of sanitary valves available on the market, it’s time to learn how to choose the right one for your needs. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind when shopping for a sanitary valve:
- Choose the right size: The valve size is important because it will determine the flow rate of the fluid. Make sure to choose a valve that is the right size for your application.
- Choose the right type: There are many different types of sanitary valves available, so make sure to choose one suited for your needs. For example, if you need a valve for high-pressure applications, you will need to select a valve designed for high-pressure.
- Choose the right material: The material of the valve is important because it will determine its durability and resistance to corrosion. Make sure to choose a valve made from a durable, corrosion-resistant material.
- Choose the right temperature range: The temperature range of the valve is important because it will determine its suitability for use in specific applications. Make sure to choose a valve that is suitable for the temperature range of your application.
- Choose the right mounting style: The mounting type of the valve is important because it will determine how easy it is to install. Make sure to choose a valve with a mounting style that is compatible with your application.
- Choose the right pressure rating: The pressure rating of the valve is important because it will determine its suitability for use in specific applications. Make sure to choose a valve with a pressure rating suitable for your application.
- Choosing the correct vendor: Especially when you are buying in bulk for the next factory setup or construction project, it is crucial to select the right vendor. The market of sanitary valve China is at a peak due to their affordable rates & high quality.
By following these tips, you can be sure to choose the right sanitary valve for your needs.