Microsoft SharePoint is a fabulous collaboration and storage system. By using it you can easily set up a website for your organization and use it for storing, sharing, and accessing information. But setting it up is not a kid’s play. However, with proper knowledge, you can easily set up this amazing software on your system. Keeping this in mind today we are sharing with you a guide that you can follow to easily install/set up Microsoft SharePoint 2019 on your computer system.
How to Set Up Microsoft SharePoint 2019 on Your Device?
Follow these steps to set up Microsoft SharePoint 2019 on your device:
- Navigate to the download page of Microsoft SharePoint 2019.
- Now choose the “English” language option from the drop-down menu that is present in the “Select Language” option and then hit the “Download” button.
- After that, tap “Next.”
- Now hit “Save” to download and save the SharePoint disc image on your computer system.
- Double-click on the file to mount it on your computer system.
- Now visit the mounted drive.
- Next, open the “Run” dialog box and type the following command in it “Splash.hta” to start the installation process.
- After that, tap “Install software perquisites” to open the product preparation tool.
- Now following the instructions of the tool carefully to successfully install the software prerequisites.
- Next, hit the “Install SharePoint Server” option to launch the Microsoft SharePoint setup wizard.
- Now you will have to submit your product key. If you don’t have any product key then you can use any of these trial product keys: M692G-8N2JP-GG8B2-2W2P7-YY7J6 (Enterprise trail product key), F2DPD-HPNPV-WHKMK-G7C38-2G22J (Standard trial product key).
- After that, hit “Continue.”
- Now you will see the “Read the Microsoft Software License Terms” page on your screen. Carefully go through the license terms and then tap on the “I accept the terms of this agreement” option.
- Next, tap “continue.”
- Now if you want to install the server at a particular location tap on the “File Location” tab and then select the location where you want to install the server.
- Next, hit the “Install Now” option to complete the installation process.
- You have successfully set up Microsoft SharePoint Server on your computer system. To learn how to configure the server as per your needs feel free to join the SharePoint Training in Gurgaon.
How to Enable Project Server 2019?
Follow these steps to enable Project Server 2019:
- Install SharePoint Enterprise edition on your system.
- Now you have to create a farm (SharePoint Server 2019 farm).
- Next, open the SharePoint Management Shell.
- Now execute this command in it: Enable-ProjectServerLicense -Key < Your Project Server License Key>. However, if you don’t have a license key then you can use this license key: R9946-QXNHR-62JPQ-3H3QC-TMWJT.
- You have successfully enabled Project Server 2019 on your system.
How to Set Up SharePoint Servers on a Single Server?
Follow these steps to set up SharePoint Servers on a single server:
- Launch the product preparation tool (Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies Preparation Tool.
- Now run the setup that installs binaries and allows you to configure security permissions and edit registry settings.
- Next, run the products configuration wizard that installs and configures the configuration database and installs and configures the content database.
- Now configure your browser settings.
- Next, launch the “Farm Configuration” wizard that configures the farm.
- Finally, choose the services that you wish to use on the farm to complete the setup process.
There you have it, a step-by-step guide that you can follow to install Microsoft SharePoint Server on your system. So, carefully follow all the instructions of this guide and you will be able to set it up on your system in no time. However, if you want to learn about this amazing Microsoft product in detail then you can enroll yourself in the SharePoint Online Training program to become an expert in using it.