The e-commerce is the order of the day and sure you’ve bought online products hundreds of times. When it comes to paying, has the process been easy for you? Did you feel safe when paying? Whether completing the transaction in the shopping cart is complicated or intuitive, and also gives confidence, will depend on the payment gateway that the web has. And it will also depend on whether the client finishes the payment process or stays on the road. If the one who has an online store now is you, keep reading. We will tell you what payment gateways are, how they work, and how to get them to generate trust.
What is a payment gateway?
The payment gateways or virtual TPV are incorporated service to digital shops to carry out purchases safely. Your clients will look for an easy transaction, without too many steps and that transmits security. If you don’t offer them all this they will leave and they will also speak ill of your online store, which will have a direct and negative impact on sales.
Your customer has taken his time browsing your store, selecting the products he wants to buy, and adding them to the shopping cart or basket. Now it’s your turn to make it easy for them with the payment system. Right that you have put the five senses in the design of your online store so that it is attractive and encourages sales? Well, with the payment gateway you should not skimp on resources because it is the last step towards conversion and the one that will truly bring you real benefits.
How does the payment gateway work?
We will not get too technical to explain how payment gateways work, but in broad terms, this is the process once you have entered your credit card number:
- The browser encrypts the data to send it to the store where the purchase was made, and this data is incorporated into the store’s payment platform.
- The payment gateways contact the payment platform of the seller’s bank to deliver the data, and the buyer’s bank to verify that these data are correct.
- The customer’s bank sends an authorization to the seller’s bank along with an approved message if the transaction has worked correctly.
It seems a complex operation, but basically, it is like making card payments in your usual physical store. It really takes a few seconds and the customer doesn’t have to do anything other than insert their data. If our payment gateway works correctly the transaction will be seen and not seen and the customer will be satisfied, which implies good opinions and the possibility of more purchases. As you can see, a good payment gateway is essential to ensure sales.
The ideal payment gateway
It is clear that the payment gateway is one of the most influential factors (if not the most) when it comes to getting conversions on your website. If we want our customers to leave satisfied with their purchase and come back another day, we have to be meticulous with the payment option. To know if our POS is working correctly we must take into account some factors:
- It must convey confidence.
- It has to be easy to use.
- That does not seem out of place or poorly designed.
- Do not redirect to other pages without first warning.
According to Animation Near Me If any of these points fails, it is reason enough for the customer to back out of the purchase process. After all, it’s your money, and if you’re not sure where to send it, you’ll put it back in your pocket. If you need to choose a payment gateway that best suits your online store, take a look at this post where they propose 10 different payment gateways for your online business.
There are three elements that will help us to have a safe and efficient payment platform:
- Family payment methods: use identifiable logos like Visa, MasterCard, etc. so that the customer can immediately identify his card.
- Redirect Notice: If you use methods like PayPal, which direct you to their page at the checkout, clearly indicate this with a pop-up message so they know it’s a safe and trusted redirect.
- Securely authorized logos: if the customer must click on a logo to make the payment, ensure that it leads to a secure link with an SSL certificate.
As you can see, the fundamental aspects of a payment gateway are, above all, that they generate trust and that they are secure, and that they are also easy to use. If we take into account these key elements in our business model, we will have guaranteed sales, and the best, clients will speak well of our website and will return.