One important aspect of working with QuickBooks is that it enables its user to connect to the company files, located over the network, in multi-user mode of QuickBooks Desktop. However, sometimes while trying to access the company files from one of the workstations, a user can face numerable errors and among them, QuickBooks multi user mode not working error is the most common. In consideration of the tricky nature of such types of QuickBooks multi user mode errors, dealing with them can be really tough for users, especially for those who don’t have much technical insights. Therefore, with the help of this post, we are going to discuss why QuickBooks multi user mode not working error gets triggered in the first place and how to fix it quickly.
Seeking immediate troubleshooting assistance resolving QuickBooks multi user mode not working error? If yes, please contact our QuickBooks experts at 1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to Read : quickbooks error 15270
What are the reasons triggering QuickBooks multi user mode error?
QuickBooks multi user mode error usually arises when the QuickBooks folder does not have enough Windows permissions to share the company files over the network. Nonetheless, there can be other factors too behind it, such as:
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager has been failing to access the Internet because of the Windows Firewall security settings.
What are the best troubleshooting fixes for QuickBooks multi user mode not working error?
Solution 1) Grant the Windows access permissions to the QuickBooks folder
- On your keyboard, press the Windows and E keys at the same time to open Windows Explorer.
- Double-click the C: drive and go to the QuickBooks folder, which contains all your company files.
Note: To locate the QuickBooks folder, navigate to the path, “C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks.”
- Right-click on the QuickBooks folder and then select the Properties option.
- Go to the Security tab and then click on the Edit button.
- From the list of services, pick QBDataServiceUserXX and then checkmark the Full Control checkbox.
- Select the Allow option.
- Click on the Apply button and then the OK button.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, try to make changes to your company file, and see if you receive any errors.
Solution 2) Fix the Windows Firewall security settings using QuickBooks File Doctor
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Pick the Company File Issues tab from the left-side panel.
- Click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button.
- From the drop-down list, pick your company file.
Note: If your company file is not present there, click on the Browse and search button to browse to its location.
- Select the Check your file option and then pick the Continue button.
- Type in the admin password of QuickBooks Desktop and then pick the Next button.
If QuickBooks multi user mode not working error persists even after going through the troubleshooting fixes discussed above in the post, then the multi-user hosting settings in QuickBooks Desktop might be wrong. Therefore, our advice for you is to correct the multi-user hosting settings in QuickBooks Desktop. For furthermore troubleshooting guidance to get over QuickBooks multi user mode error, please contact our QuickBooks professionals at 1-855-856-0042.