There might be certain instances when the users won’t be able to access the QuickBooks features and functions due to inappropriate internet security settings. Also, it might be possible that the Windows Firewall might obstruct internet access for your application if QuickBooks Internet Security Settings are misconfigured. If that’s the situation in that case, don’t worry and go through the entire blog to set up Windows Firewall manually.
Looking for instant help to setup QuickBooks Internet Security Settings and Firewall? If yes, then don’t worry and reach out to our experts by placing a call at the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053 to get immediate assistance within no time possible.
Stepwise Instructions to configure firewall and internet security settings for QuickBooks Desktop
Below we have listed some of the user-friendly steps using which you can easily configure firewall and internet security settings for QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 1: Add QuickBooks Ports In the Windows Firewall Exception List:
You are required to perform the following steps if you are using the multiple versions of QB on the same computer.
- Go to the Start icon and then type “Windows Firewall” and then hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- As a result, it will redirect you to the Windows Firewall window. In the same window, locate and choose the Advanced Settings option.
- Soon after this, right-click on the highlighted Inbound Rules and then tap on the New Rule option.
- After this, move to the Port option followed by the Next option.
- Ensure that you have marked the checkbox next to the TCP option.
- Now, in the Specific local ports field, you have to add the specific ports required as per the QB version you are currently using.
- Once you have chosen the Port Number as per your QB desktop version using at present, click Next > Allow the Connection > Next.
- Now, if prompted you must ensure that all profiles are marked and then tap the Next option.
- You are required to create a new rule and name it as “ “QBPorts(year).”
- In the end, you are required to select the Finish option.
You are required to repeat the above listed steps as it is to create the outbound rule. Then open the QuickBooks Desktop on your system and try to switch to multi-user mode in QuickBooks. Alternatively, you can also open QuickBooks over your network from one of the host computers.
Step 2: Make Exceptions in Windows Firewall for QuickBooks Programs
- Open the Windows Start menu and then type “Windows Firewall” with the search field and then open Windows Firewall.
- Moving ahead, move to the Advanced Settings menu and then right-click on the Inbound Rules option followed by the New Rule.
- Thereafter, tap on the Programs option and then choose the Next option.
- Further, choose the “This Program Path” and then tap on the Browse option.
- Soon after this, you are required to choose any one of the executable files from the list of options.
- After this, tap on the Allow the Connections tab and then select the Next option.
- If prompted, you need to ensure that you have marked all the profiles and then click Next.
- At last, generate a rule and give a new name like “QBFirewallException(name.exe).”
Important: You need to Download Quickbooks Tool Hub and QuickBooks file Doctor before moving on to the steps. You can open your ports automatically using QuickBooks File doctor.
Winding It Up!!
By now, we hope that the steps listed above will assist you to set up QuickBooks Internet Security Settings. If you are facing any difficulty then you must contact our experts by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053.