Among the blessings that science has given to mankind, Electricity stands as the most important. It has become a part of every person’s life. We use electricity in our everyday life, in various ways. It is used for lighting, fans, electronic gadgets, and domestic appliances like using electric heaters, A/C, refrigerators, and other appliances. All of them provide a comfortable life. In factories, there are large machines that are running because of electricity. Even everyday need items like food, cloth, paper, and many other things are able to be delivered to us because of electricity.
Electricity Has Revolutionized The Standard Of Living:
Same way, means of transportation and communication have also been revolutionized by electricity. Electric trains and battery cars are a quicker means of transportation. Electricity also provides means of entertainment like radio, television and cinema, cell phones that are a basic need of today’s time. Nowadays our lives are dependent on electricity in every aspect. By the time this dependency has become more as we continue to stay at home due to the pandemic. Electricity is no less than a blessing but just like many other things, one needs to be very careful with electricity and the various electrical appliances that are commonly used in our everyday lifestyle, as electricity cannot be seen or heard, therefore there can be unforeseen electrical incidents that can cause serious injuries and can also sometimes be fatal.
Reasons For Incidents:
Such incidents can occur due to various reasons. Many factors are involved, including old wiring, electric cords that run under carpets or curtains, flammable products left near exposed electrical wirings in the workplace, or most importantly, bad quality of the electrical wire. An electric cable wire serves the purpose of moving electrical energy from one point to another. According to their application, each of the cables has different configurations, basing their design on national and international standards.
Types-An Electric Cable Is Measured In Volts And Hence Electric Cable Distributor Have Categorized Them Into Various Groups:
1. Low Voltage Cables (Up To 750 V)/ Low Voltage Cables (Up To 1,000 V):
- Cables for electric panels: Flexible cables that are especially suitable for domestic use and for installation in public places. Also used for internal wiring of cabinets, switch boxes, and other small electrical appliances.
- Power cables: Energy cables that are ideal for industrial facilities and public places. For applications of power transmission in all types of low voltage connections.
- Armored cables: Made with aluminum or steel reinforcement for installations with risk of mechanical aggression or for places where rodents are present.
- Rubber cables: Rubber cables are fixed in industrial installations as well as in mobile service. They have a rubber sheath, which prevents the current to transmit through the body of the wire.
- Halogen-free cables: With low smoke and corrosive gas emission in case of fire. They are ideal for use in wiring electrical panels and public places, emergency circuits, public distribution networks, and mobile services.
- Fire-resistant cables: Designed to transmit electrical energy in extreme conditions like a prolonged fire as it ensures supply to emergency equipment such as signaling, smoke extractors, acoustic alarms, water pumps
- Control cables: Extremely flexible, as they are mainly designed for small household appliances, for the interconnection of machine parts used for manufacturing, for signaling, and controlling the systems.
- Instrumentation cables: Flexible and shielded cables, used for the transmission of signals between equipment in industrial installations. ideal for data transmission in surroundings with a high level of electromagnetic interference.
- Solar cables: Their cover is resistant to solar radiation and extreme temperatures; thus, these cables are particularly suitable for connecting photovoltaic panels, and from the panels to the DC to AC inverter.
- Special cables: There is a wide variety of electric cables for special installations.
- Aluminum cables: Suitable for fixed installation indoors, outdoors, and/or underground.
2. Medium Voltage Cables (1 Kv To 36 Kv):
- RHZ1: Insulation, halogen-free, and non-flame and/or fire propagating features. They are perfectly adapted for the transference and distribution of energy in Medium Voltage networks.
- HEPRZ1: With insulation, halogen-free, and non-flammable it is Ideal for the transportation and distribution of energy in Medium Voltage networks.
- MV-90: With XLPE insulation, according to American standards. Ideal for transportation and distribution of energy in Medium Voltage networks.
- RHVhMVh: Copper and aluminum cables are Especially recommended for installations where there is a risk of the presence of oils and chemical agents
3. High Voltage Cables (36 Kv Onwards):
- They are used to transport electricity from the generating plants to the electrical substations.