The Best Himalayan Kedarkantha Trek Hello, everyone. I’ve committed this blog to sharing my first winter trekking and camping experience in India, and I must say it was incredible. I am someone who enjoys travelling. I really believe that travelling renders you speechless before transforming you into a storyteller.
That’s exactly what occurred when my friends persuaded me to join them on the best Himalayan trek. It didn’t take me long to come to a decision. We had made the decision to embark on the Kedarkantha trek in December. It was going to be my first winter expedition.
Hiking and camping have become popular among both Generation X and Generation Y in India. While camping as an outdoor sport provides the experience of living overnight, sleeping in a tent away from the comforts of home, hiking allows you to stroll for long distances on designated routes.
The combined experience of camping and hiking from there is now given in some of the greatest Himalayan trekking itineraries. We chose the Kedarkantha winter trip from among various alternatives.
Trek the Himalayas and you will be reward with beautiful mountain views at extremely affordable trekking packages. It would cost a lot of money for me to enjoy similar natural scenic splendour by travelling to, say, Switzerland.
With such a rich geographical diversity and proper promotion, adventure tourism, camping, and trekking activities have begun to pick up in India. We wanted to try out one of these numerous camping spots. So we decided to do a winter trip to the Himalayan location of Kedarkantha.
Some of the reasons we chose the Kedarkantha journey over other camping options in December.
- When at its pinnacle, it affords a beautiful view of a range of 13 other mountain peaks from the greatest Himalayan trek mountain range.
- According to legend, the temple of Kedarnath was intended to be built on this high peak. The thumb guideline for selecting a place for such a significant temple was that there should be “no sound” of any life form or animal type.
- They say the Kedar temple was almost finished up until the neck (Kanth). But then they heard a ‘cow sound.’ It was a sign that they should cease working. Since the Kedar temple was almost finished till its neck ‘kantha,’ it was dubbed Kedarkantha peak.
- The Kedarkantha hike is fairly priced, and the hiking is suitable for beginners.
To begin, we looked for the greatest Himalayan trekking package. Winter hiking packages are typically quite pricey. To our amazement, the Kedarkantha hike cost was well within our budget. We looked over the internet and discovered some fascinating information on Moustache Escapes.
They assisted us in preparing our event and providing information on the necessary preparation work required prior to the journey. To safeguard our health and safety, we had the Himalaya guide expert guidance to maintain our fitness level, so that we could jog at least 4 kilometres in 30 minutes.
They would supply hiking equipment and tents. Aside from that, They Tell to bring cold clothing and a backpack. The trek captain was supposed to meet us at Sankri, the base camp settlement.
Here is a list of every component that makes up India’s favourite trek. Consider this.
Lots and lots of fun and snow
If you enjoy snow, the Kedarkantha Trek Package is a must-have. Take advantage of the snow to reconnect with your inner child. Kedarkantha is blanket in a white sheet of snow when the season is suitable. combining both joy and adventure a whole package of thrills, excitement, and breathtaking beauty.
In the Garhwal region, enjoy the stunning sunrise.
The best way to describe daybreak from Kedarkantha Peak is to say you gazed in awe at the vast, unfettered expanse of sky that was bathed in a rainbow of morning hues and tones. It’s incredible to observe the Sun rise in the Garhwal region.
views of the peaks covered in snow
As you begin your trek, you will be able to observe peaks such as Swargarohini, Bandarpunch, Kalanag, and Draupadi ka Danda. Furthermore, there is always something to enjoy. During the day, explore the vast grassland, and at night, gaze up at the starry sky.
Camping and Kedarkantha Myths are fun.
On the Kedarkantha Trek programme, there are several tales and stories. Before arriving at the Kedarkantha Summit Base Camp, you will pitch your tent at the scenic Juda Ka Talab. According to mythology, Lord Shiva once gently opened his dreadlocks. This lake was form by the water that dropped.
One of the Best Treks for First-timers
Anyone in decent physical shape can easily complete the hike trail. The Kedarkantha Trek also provides an excellent opportunity to climb a mountain. Isn’t that as intriguing as your first journey? The ascent is arduous and becomes more difficult as you get closer to the summit. Massive mountains will also surround you at all times to protect you.
Trekking in Kedarkantha is considerably more than what you see on your computer screen. As a result, you will feel satisfied and accomplished.
BEST MOMENT FOR KEDARKANTHA
The best part about the Kedarkantha Trek is that it can be done at any time of year. However, the perspectives shift due to the Kedarkantha weather. Summertime brings out the best in the Kedarkantha excursion, with its trails lined with beautiful rhododendrons and oak trees. In the winter, the Kedarkantha road is heavily snow-cover. When the sun shines, the snow-covered peaks of the Himalayas reflect sunlight, giving them a shimmering appearance.
A Brief itinerary
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri
- Sankri is located at a height of 1920 metres or 6,400 feet.
- It takes approximately 10 hours to travel 220 kilometres from Dehradun to Sankri.
- All trekkers will be pick up at 6:30 AM at the Hotel Garand, which is adjacent to the Dehradun Railway station, in a Bolero (6-7 seaters), Innova (7 seaters), or Tempotraveller (12 seaters).
- You won’t get to Sankri until after 5:00 p.m.
Day 2: Sankri to Juda-ka-Talab
- We’ll climb from 6400 feet to 9100 feet today.
- Trekking 4 kilometres will take 5 hours.
- Again, the 4 kilometre hike will take 2.5 hours.
- Meadows, oak woodlands, water streams, and groves of maple and maple tree will all be traverse by the trail.
- To view our amenities and photos of our homestays, search for TrekupIndia Homestay on Google.
Day 3 : Trek from Juda-ka-Talab to Base Site
- Today, we’ll climb from a height of 9100 feet to a height of 11250 feet.
- A 4 km hike will take about 2.5 hours to complete.
- Beautiful oak trees provide shade for the trail’s bulk of the ride.
- Tent camping at night offers stunning views of nature; • You’ll pass through a number of pastures with log shepherd huts.
Day 4 : Base Camp to Kedarkantha Peak
- Tomorrow morning, we’ll rise early to reach the summit.
- If we reach the summit in time, you will be able to view the sun rise after a 7-hour, 6-kilometer climb.
- Only available at the camp base with a delectable lunch
- After lunch, we will descend to Hargaon, and then it will be time for drinks. Tent camping will be set up for the night in the following campground, Hargaun.
Day 5: Kedakantha Peak to Sankri
- coming down from the 8,900-foot Kedarkantha mountain to Sankri (6,400 feet)
- A 6-kilometer hike will take roughly 4 hours.
- 2,500-foot ascent through pine trees.