Roaches, the name itself is enough to make your skin feel the crawl. Believe it or not, there are 4600 species of cockroaches among which 30 are considered to be pests. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get rid of these roaches. If you find them in your kitchen, attic, bathroom or living room, it’s time for quick action.
Cockroach Control Adelaide describes the reasons why these roaches come to your home and also, suggests ways to get them out of it.
What Attracts Cockroaches To Your Home
There are two types of cockroaches most commonly found in households. One is a German cockroach and the other one is an American cockroach. There are many reasons why cockroaches get attracted to your home. But, the factors vary depending upon the species of cockroach.
For example, the German cockroach requires more water to survive and is usually found in the kitchen and bathroom. While American cockroach is a fan of food sources. It can also start an infestation in other areas. However, you can prevent and control them by checking what attracts them more.
- Food as an attractor:
Eliminate any kind of food that is left on the countertop. Throw the garbage away at night. Rinse out the milk, juice containers that have been used before throwing them out.
Cleaning the food preps area makes a significant change in control of roaches. Consider proper storage of food. Also, avoid cardboard boxes in your home for storing them.
As mentioned earlier roaches are to your for food, water and shelter. Check any leaks in pipes. Keep your towels, mats to dry after use. Also, keep your kitchen sponges off the counter after use. Don’t allow water to stay for a long time in anything.
Ensure a clutter-free home. Using a caulk around the house block any gaps from where cockroaches enter your home. Moreover, cockroaches communicate through pheromones, which helps them to transmit a variety of intentions and messages.
It may include inviting other cockroaches for good shelter or a food source. Because of this, they prefer to soak in on a surface of cardboard or wood to easily attract others.
How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Home
Cockroaches are high-risk pests to have in your home. From contaminating food to destroying your property, these roaches can pose severe health risks staying in your home. While DIY solutions can produce only temporary relief for low infestations, expert help only can help you drive cockroaches out of your home.
Some of the conventional methods to control cockroaches are:
- Using glue strips, you can notice the problem areas of cockroach activity. You may find many of them behind the refrigerator and under the sink.
- Setting bait stations may attract the cockroaches to eat the poison. When it travels back to its place it may die and the other ones will feed on it passing poison to the whole group. However, it can be dangerous for your kids and pet.
- Seal the possible entries and keep everything clean. Although this method might be quite difficult to find the point of infestation.
- Another important method to get rid of these pesky creators is maintaining cleanliness at your place. As cockroaches are attracted towards your house because of uncleanliness, all you need to do is clean your stinking sink frequently. Also, you can also attract cockroaches to your place if there is a collection of water inside or near your house.
- Hire a professional cockroach control service like Cockroach Control Adelaide. Such pest management specialists know how to locate the point of infestation and eradicate it.
Control the Roaches before they start controlling your home!
Cockroaches can eat up anything overnight. So never delay if you find even one. Don’t think of finding DIYs. Instead, you can call the experts for inspection and treatment of such nasty pests. They can not only locate the point of infestation but also can explain to you the reasons behind it.
To deal with every corner of your home seek the help of experts, stay safe and healthy from dangerous pests. If you are seeking expert services in Adelaide to deal with roaches, you can call a local professional Cockroach Control Adelaide.