QuickBooks Error 12031 usually occurs while trying to update QuickBooks and its added features. The 120XX series of errors occur due to connectivity issues of the internet. If you get difficulties connecting to the internet, it not only encounters error 12031 but also causes problems with QuickBooks online services like payroll and banking. To resolve the error, follow through with the article completely.
Description of Error Code 12031 in QuickBooks
Error Code 12031 in QuickBooks is generally caused by the network time out and hence hinders the working of the QuickBooks application. The users, as a result, would not be able to access the server and face general internet connection issues posed by internet security errors. Error 12031 may occur when your firewall and other security features pose a hindrance to the software. The first thing you can do when this error message is flashed is to check the network connection and the antivirus settings to ensure that the troubles are quickly solved. If not, move further in this article for troubleshooting steps or contact Pro Advisors of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error code 12031
- A network timeout that is restraining QuickBooks from accessing the server
- Problems with the internet connections
- Firewall settings that are blocking the internet connection
- The Internet Explorer may not be your default browser
- SSL settings are incorrectly configured
Quick guide to fix: QuickBooks Error 213
Methods to get rid of Error 12031 in QuickBooks
- Click on Help and select Internet connections setup.
- Select using my computer’s internet connection settings to create a connection when the app accesses the internet.
- Finally, click on Next. For QuickBooks 2008 and later versions- select < strong> Help, click on Update QuickBooks and, Update Now For 2006 and earlier versions- Select File and click Update QuickBooks and earlier versions and choose Update now.
- Open the menu for Internet Connection setup available in QuickBooks
- Click on Internet Properties.
- You can see several tabs on Internet properties.
- From the available selections, click on the Advanced tab.
- Ensure that the advanced setting matches.
- Click the Apply button.
- Click OK, and you need to close the window.
- In the end, Close QuickBooks, open it again, and try the Payroll Update process again.
We hope the methods listed above helped you get rid of the QuickBooks Error 12031. If you face difficulty getting follow-through the steps in any way, call 1.800.579.0391. The QuickBooks support team will help you save your data from corruption, which could also be the reason for the error. They will guide you through your case and get back to the smooth application running.