Coming up with issues when dealing with payroll services can be annoying. A similar error, i.e., QuickBooks Error 15240, arises when updating payroll to the latest release. The screen prompts the message saying, “ Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully. Apart from this, a user can also encounter the issue when updating the QuickBooks Desktop. If you want to acquire detailed information on the error, such as causes and troubleshooting methods, go through our article until the end.
Consult one of our professionals via our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391 to clarify your doubts about the QuickBooks payroll error 15240.
What Triggers the Error 15240 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Many reasons can cause the payroll update error in your QuickBooks. Below are some of the reasons because of which you can encounter the error-
1. Inappropriate setup of the Internet Explorer’s security settings.
2. The firewall settings of your Windows are incorrect.
3. The date and time mentioned on your desktop might not be accurate.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 3371
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15240?
To overcome the QuickBooks Desktop error 15240, you can follow the troubleshooting methods given below-
SOLUTION 1: Checkmark SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 checkboxes to adjust the Internet Explorer Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and go to the ‘Gear’ icon.
2. Once you tap on the icon, select ‘Internet Options.
3. Now, click ‘Advanced ’ and then ‘Security’.
4. Next, checkmark the ‘Use SSL 2.0’ and ‘Use SSL 3.0’ checkboxes.
5. At last, hit ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’.
SOLUTION 2: Check the Date and Time of Your Windows Desktop
1. On your desktop, go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Time and Language’.
2. Set the Date and Time accordingly.
3. Tap ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’.
SOLUTION 3: QuickBooks Installation Folders should have Windows permissions added to them
1. Exit QuickBooks if you are already using it.
2. Move to ‘C:\Program Files\’ and right-click on the Intuit folder.
3. Choose ‘Properties’ and then select the ‘Security’ menu.
4. Click ‘Advanced’; The folder owner must be in the ‘User’ group.
5. Finally, download all the available updates.
A Related article you may like to read: QuickBooks Error 557
SOLUTION 4: Create Exceptions for qbw32.exe and qbupdate.exe Executable Files
1. Go to the ‘Start’ menu on your desktop and type ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search bar to open it.
2. Click ‘Advanced Settings’ and then right-click on ‘Inbound Rules’.
3. Tap ‘Next’, ‘This Program Path’, and then click ‘Browse’.
4. Select the ‘qbw32.exe’ executable file and hit ‘Next’.
5. Now, tap ‘Allow the Connection’, then ‘Next’.
6. Checkmark all the profiles and choose ‘Next’.
7. Finally, create a rule.
8. Follow these same steps for the ‘qbupdate.exe’ executable file.
We do understand the difficulties you face while dealing with payroll service in QuickBooks. We hope the troubleshooting methods must have worked effectively and successfully eliminated the QuickBooks Error 15240. If they have not, have a one-to-one conversation with the technical experts’ team by dialing our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391 for technical guidance.
You may also see: QuickBooks Error 6069