In some situations, housing programs are the first point of contact for individuals who are battling employment, addiction, medical, and their deployment to new homes is not the only responsibility one takes in these cases. Re-housing can prove a challenge for social service organizations and highlights the need for an effective homeless case management system. This management system ought to be very specific to cater to all the needs of a client and be equally safe, trustworthy, and easy to use.
So how does one make sure if their associate agencies are engaging practical case management?
Adopting evidence-based models
There has been an upsurge of homeless case management tools in the past decade, all focusing on many ideals and different models. Researchers and surveyors have judged each to prove that the most efficient and useful ones are choosing evidence-based models.
There are various evidence-based models that research experts have identified:
Approved Community Care Models:
- Broker Case Management Model: in this, the case manager works on several aspects of the client’s goals and takes notified actions to ensure the client makes a profit, including monitoring and reassessment at each step.
- Clinical Case Management Model: most functions are the same as that of the broker model, but are more medical and therapeutical focused.
Intensive Comprehensive Care Model
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT): a cumulation of smaller caseloads that requires a multidisciplinary team, intensive, and comprehensive approach. it proves to be a very flexible medium with 24hour coverage and unlimited time frame
- ·Intensive Case Management: It is kind of similar to the ACT model, but without shared caseloads.
- Critical Time Intervention (CTI): it focuses on people suffering from homelessness or any mental illness transitioning from institutions to community care and is a time-limited, specialized model.
Rehabilitation-Oriented Community Care Models
- Strengths Model: it is a very consumer preference-based service that reads the change in trends and focuses on people’s growth and choice.
- Rehabilitation Model: Focuses mainly on consumer-driven goals and takes appropriate actions to attain them.
Organizations should be able to figure out the combinations of models used in their homeless case management system and also be able to reason why it is so appropriate to use, mentioning the pros and cons. It allows them to be completely transparent with their clients.
What are their priorities?
A system can be very efficient, but if there are no professionals to access it or interpret it is as good as junk, wasting space, time, and money of any organization. It brings in the prioritization of training personnel to help and use the system to its fullest potential.
The goal is not simply training, but to create a complete system which supports all staff that plays a role. Your partnering agencies must have a professional development system that includes the following:
- Standardized performance measures
- support and supervision
Tracking and Analyzing Outcomes
A successful homeless case management system is the one that is always checking up on the clients and tracking and assessing their outcomes at each step and planning unique and personalized actions to be taken further.
Characteristics of a Homeless Management Information System
- Custom report building
- Safe storage of private demographic information
- Ability to adjust to new HUD guidelines
- Comprehensive aid planning for clients
- Customization to suit unique Continuum of Care need
- Budget and expense tracking
These problems need quality solutions, and effective homeless case management tools are the ideal options, and the ones mentioned below are the best:
- PlanStreet case management system
The embedded issue of homelessness in the United States requires a flexible, secure, and robust software. PlanStreet’s homeless case management system is a proven, reliable, and innovative case and project management software supplier. PlanStreet’s interactive user interface makes the software appealing and easy for associates and crew members to understand and work with.It works on several modules like intake, task management, and security to completely understand the client’s needs and help them have a successful outcome. It incorporates the flexibility to the core, making them work more efficiently in homeless case management systems, which requires personalization and constant inputs.
- Appian homeless case management system
With a dynamic UI and good web services support, Appian services help to ease extensive data management. Its ability to create custom plug-ins generates flexibility overall to personalize data management. It is compatible with most of the other related applications and leaves space for development on the project.It shortens the development cycle and allows for faster delivery, and focuses on adding new updates in their application.
- Pega Platform homeless case management system
This homeless case management system has great Adaptive analytics, which allows you to feed data from all your interactions into their interaction history. Hence, it learns from past behavior, and it starts predicting the best course of motion. It leads to a lot of technical help but is always kept in line with the upgrading versions.Pega platform allows us to build a customizable UI with a manual touch and makes the whole program client-controlled.It is a browser-based application and hence doesn’t take up space or time in software installation on your machine to access it. It also helps build a workflow for multi-step cases, like homeless case management system needs.