The NSF file supports Lotus Notes so it doesn’t open directly in Microsoft Outlook. Here we need to opt for manual and third-party tools to export data from Lotus Notes to Outlook PST format.
Here we suggest you a perfect application tool to convert Lotus Notes NSF data with All Mail Items to Outlook PST format.
Why don’t we try the manual process?
The manual process to migrate NSF files to Outlook PST format takes a long way along with technical skills. Second, you cannot export bulk mailboxes from Lotus Notes to Outlook at once.
If you convert a single mailbox, there is a high chance that the structure of the mailbox will be damaged. Apart from this, it separates the attachment during conversion, which is not good from a business point of view.
Manual Method to Transfer NSF to PST
The manual solution is divided into two parts as it is a very large process. To convert NSF to PST manually, follow all the steps properly.
Note – Remember that it is necessary to make a backup before the conversion.
Step 1: Export Lotus Notes NSF Files to Intermediate CSV File
- Launch IBM Lotus Notes >> Click on File >> Open >> Lotus Notes Application
- Select the required NSF file and click on Open.
- Click on the File menu and then go to Export.
- Next set the location and file name.
- From the File Type list, select the comma-separated value
- Select the required options from the CSV Export dialog box and click on the OK button.
Step 2: Import the CSV File into Microsoft Outlook
- Open MS Outlook, go to File menu >> Click on Open & Export.
- Click on Import and Export option >> Import from another program or file from the list and select Next.
- Select the comma-separated values as the file type and then press the Next button.
- Browse to the destination of the CSV file to upload to Outlook, and then click the Next button.
- Select the Outlook folder where you want to import the CSV data and click the Next button.
- Select the checkbox “Include subfolders” and click the Finish button.
This method has few uses because it is lengthy and requires technical expertise. In some cases, it becomes unable to properly export NSF in PST format so a professional solution is the only solution.
An approved solution to migrate NSF to Outlook PST
With the professional skill solution, the user does not need to worry about a bulk mailbox. So if you ever want to convert data from NSF to PST format, download MailsDaddy NSF to PST Converter tool.
The application is capable of loading and exporting NSF files in PST, Office 365, Live Exchange, CSV, MBOX, EML, MSG, HTML, and various other file formats. You can also migrate contact and calendar separately without any hassle.
Steps to export NSF to PST format
- Download Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool from the official site of MailsDaddy.
- Install and run the program in Windows OS and activate the demo or full version.
- Click on the Browse button to load the NSF file into the software.
- Click on the Export button to initiate batch migration from NSF to PST & others.
- After that, enable PST and save the destination on your local PC.
- In the next window, select one opiton “create a single or separate PST file for all NSF data”.
- Now press the export button to start the conversion from NSF to PST format in bulk.
Once the application exports the NSF file in PST file format, you can import and open it in any Outlook version like 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 etc. For more query and information, you can visit the official site of MailsDaddy.
Here I have shared the manual process of NSF to PST conversion as well as complete steps to use the MailsDaddy NSF to PST Converter tool to export Lotus Notes NSF file to Outlook PST format. You can also try the free version of the solution and export 20 items from each mailbox for free.
Can I transfer selected Lotus Notes data to Outlook PST format?
Yes, you can load bulk data and export selected Lotus Notes data to Outlook PST format using the filter and save the selected option.
How to open an NSF file without conversion?
If you want to open the NSF data file without conversion then you have installed the Lotus Notes email client. OR you can use this tool as an NSF Viewer tool to open and read emails.
Can I export NSF to MBOX or EML?
Yes, the software has multiple conversion options like EML, Office 365, MBOX, and various others. So, you can move NSF to MBOX and EML file format in bulk, selective, and filter form.
Can I upgrade NSF to PST Converter tool after using the free demo?
Yes, you can easily upgrade the software to the full version after using the free demo version.