The software giant MacAfee was founded in 1987, with the aim of providing security to various computer systems. It was headquartered in California and was founded by John McAfee. Although later, it was acquired by Intel, in 2011. The main job of MacAfee products is to provide total security solutions to its users. They provide online as well as offline security to computers and other devices. Some of its most famous products are-
- McAfee Virus Scan
- McAfee Change Control
- McAfee DAT Reputation
- McAfee SiteAdvisor
- McAfee Entercept
- McAfee E-Business Server
Bitdefender is a company, with products and software that aim at providing cybersecurity to its customers. It was founded in 2001 by Florin Types. It is based in Romania. It was ranked 7th among the Microsoft Windows anti-malware application vendors in the world. As of now, it protects more than 500 million systems in the world. In the beginning, it was created as anti-virus software, yet today, it has a bigger variety of products under its arena. Some of them are-
- Bitdefender Total Security
- Bitdefender Box
- Bitdefender VPN
- Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection
- Bitdefender GravityZone portfolio (for businesses) etc.
As we can see, the job of both MacAfee and Bitdefender is almost similar to each other. But which one of them is better? To come to a conclusion, we need to make a comparison between the both. We will discuss every aspect of both the products such as its features, pricing, pros and cons of bitdefender and McAfee.
- Bitdefender provides your computer with features like Advanced Threat defence, which detects the threats posed to your computer, and give you the solution respectively.
- Its webcam protection makes sure your webcam is not hacked and the Rescue mode works as a rescuer for your computer.
- There are different modes provided by Bitdefender, like Battery mode, Game mode, Movie mode and Work mode.
- In case of internet security also, Bitdefender offers its customers Secure Browsing, Social Network Protection and Worry-free online Banking and Shopping, saving you from the wrath of intruders available on the internet. Advanced features like Anti-Phishing and Anti-fraud make using Bitdefender more trustworthy and appropriate.
- It provides a 30-day money back guarantee to its users, in case they change their plans. Otherwise, the paid subscription of Bitdefender starts from $19.99. There is also a free trial. Its best selling products are Bitdefender family pack and total security.
- The cyber threat intelligence feature of Bitdefender is amazing and it automatically detects threats from networks or exploitations occurring over the internet. Consequently, it safeguards your computer from any kind of malware which is unwanted, and may affect your computer badly.
- Bitdefender has a feature of becoming compatible with your system’s technology. It runs scans in the backgrounds, without effecting the performance of the PC. It does scans using cloud technology, which poses no effect on the local resources of the computer.
- Bitdefender is compatible with Windows OS, Mac OS, and Android and iOS systems.
- The Bitdefender Premium VPN is a VPN service that guarantees you online safety and security of your data from leaks. You can privately have access to any content on the internet irrelevant of the fact that it is available in your region or not, with complete discretion. You can connect 10 devices at once with bitdefender VPN.
- McAfee is a total protection software that has an in-built Customizable firewall that protects the PC from online threats trying to enter your computer.
- It also has a variety of System tuneup tools and a network scanner. It helps you to keep your passwords protected and remembered using the True Key, which is its password manager.
- It also provides the facility of Anti-theft protection to its users that reside in the US.
- It guarantees Web protection to the users that is compatible with various browser extensions such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- The paid subscription of McAfee starts from $34.99, and the users are provided with a 30 day money back guarantee. It also offers a free trial.
- McAfee provides Multi-layered fighting system against malware. The detection rate of malwares is faster as compared to other softwares such as bitdefender, and total protection is provided from any unwanted malware trying to enter your PC. Moreover, other threats, which are not necessarily in the form of files, are also detected and removed.
- McAfee is focusses on working in the background without posing any hindrance in the computer’s best performance. The scans it conducts are really light and have very less or no impact on the current working of the computer.
- Total protection product of McAfee is a cross-platform product, which works on Windows OS, Mac OS, and Android and iOS.
- McAfee provides is users with Safe Connect VPN service that provides complete online protection to all the devices connected with it. You can connect up to 5 devices at once.
Thus we can notice that both McAfee as well as Bitdefender have a wide range of features to offer their customers with. Both provide your pc with complete protection from online as well as offline threats. Although, McAfee is a bit costlier as compared to Bitdefender. The number of features offered by Bitdefender are also more in number as compared to McAfee.
Bitdefender being better than McAfee? Might be true to some extent. However, the choice depends from person to person on the basis of what he searches for in his complete PC protection suit.