If you think your AOL Mail account has been hacked, wish to Change AOL Email Password to something stronger and more difficult to guess, or want your AOL password to be easy to remember, update it. Make the change in your AOL account details page when it’s time to update your current password.
Things to Consider About Before Changing Your AOL Email Password
When you go to AOL.com to reset your password, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind to make sure it’s secure, long enough, and not too easy to guess. In light of this, the following recommendations have been made:
— If you have trouble remembering complex passwords, you can use a simple sentence with no spaces as your password.
— The password can be created by using the first letter of each word in the selected sentence.
— At least two special characters or digits should be included. You can put them at the beginning or at the end of the password.
— Make it a habit to change your password every so often. It is recommended that you change it every 3 to 6 months.
— In the case of AOL, eight letters are the bare minimum for constructing a password.
It should be noted that AOL subscribers are not required to follow these recommendations. However, using them will make creating an excellent password for your account much easier.
Here’s how to change your AOL password if you know it.
1. In your browser, go to AOL.com. Sign in to your AOL account now if you haven’t already.
2. Click your profile image in the top-right corner of the web page. You’ll be redirected to your account details page.
3. Select “Account Security” from the left-hand navigation pane.
4. From the drop-down box, choose “Change Password.
5. Type in the new password you want to use, then double-check that you typed it correctly. If clicking “Show password” makes it easier to input, do so. Click “Continue” after you’re finished.
If you have any further questions or concerns about Change AOL Mail Password, you may contact our technical team via live chat assistance. Our team is available to answer all of your AOL passwords reset questions and concerns 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and you will receive professional assistance and guidance for AOL password change.