Are you looking for a quick solution to convert OLM to MBOX on Mac? If yes, then you are at the right blog. Outlook is the most sought software which stores its offline content in OLM format on Mac. Sometimes due to official reasons, users need to change their email clients and work on different platforms. Such situations also arise with the ones who want to access their OLM data in new email platforms like Apple Mail.
There are two possible methods to save OLM files to MBOX Format. Though, you can as make use of the professional OLM Converter for Mac to quickly accomplish this conversion. Read along to get familiar with these methods but before that let’s have a quick sneak peek at some reasons.
Reasons to Convert OLM to MBOX
There are enormous reasons to convert OLM email to MBOX, below we will state a few of them.
- Apple Mail has easy to use graphical user interface.
- It provides simple keyboard shortcuts to make the process easy and quick.
- OLM files cannot be accessed on any OS other than macOS.
- In MBOX format all attachments are encoded which means they are safe and can be extracted in the future for other uses.
It is time to move ahead toward the solution part to quickly turn Outlook OLM files to MBOX format.
How to Perform OLM to MBOX Conversion?
To answer this question we will talk about two methods here i.e. manual and professional methods. Read till the last to get well-versed with both solutions in detail.
#1. Manual Solution to Extract OLM Files to MBOX Format
In this section, we will go through some manual steps to perform this conversion. Before proceeding ahead make sure to check the content in the MBOX files. It is just to ensure that no content is missed during the actual procedure.
Steps to Convert OLM to MBOX using Drag and Drop Method
- Open MS Outlook 2019/2016, and click Tools> Import.
- In the appeared wizard, click Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm) option and press Continue.
- Select the OLM file from the local machine and hit the Import button.
- All the imported items will appear under “On My Computer”.
- Here, drag and drop the imported data from the Mail tab to the desktop.
- You have successfully converted your OLM files to MBOX format.
Note: The above manual solution works only for Windows users. There is no manual solution for Mac users. So, in the later section, we will talk about the best solution for Mac users. Before moving ahead, let’s have a look at some drawbacks of the above manual method.
Drawbacks of the Manual Method
- You cannot convert selective OLM files using this method.
- Users cannot even eradicate similar emails during the conversion process.
- It is tricky and complicated for new and non-technical users.
- This process works only for windows users.
To get rid of these drawbacks, you can start using a professional method, which is mentioned below.
#2. Automated Approach to Turn Outlook OLM files to MBOX
MacSonik OLM Converter is the best solution to convert OLM to MBOX format on Mac. It can also convert OLM to PST, PDF, EML, EMLX, DOC, CSV, HTML, and more file formats. The software is developed with a user-friendly interface which makes conversion hassle-free. You will not require any external assistance while using this tool due to its advanced features. To know more about it go along the below steps.
Steps to Save OLM Files to MBOX Format
- Install and Run the MacSonik OLM Converter.
- Click Add Files button and add the OLM files you want to convert.
- In the appeared wizard, check the required files/folders and press Next.
- Pick MBOX as the saving format and assign a custom saving location.
- Lastly, click Convert to convert OLM email to MBOX with attachments.
In this article, we have covered the best two approaches to convert OLM to MBOX. Firstly, we have talked about a manual solution that will only work for windows users. So, to provide a solution for mac users, we have talked about the best OLM Converter tool for mac.