QuickBooks Error PS036 is a standard error faced by QB users that occurs in QuickBooks payroll. This error can interrupt the update of your payroll to the latest tax table. The error also displays an error message on the screen,” PS036 There is a problem verifying your payroll subscription”. The situation can get so worse that QuickBooks can stop calculating the taxes when you face this error. To lessen your worries, this blog will provide you with an in-depth explanation of how to resolve this error quickly.
You can also call the professional team of QuickBooks at 1-855-948-3646 if you need urgent or immediate professional attention or support.
Causes Of QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table Update Error PS036
There are certainly numerous reasons responsible for this error. What you should aim at is finding the cause for your error. Correctly diagnosing the cause of your error is crucial as that can help you fix this error effectively. Go through the points given below:
1. Your payroll subscription has expired.
2. Your company file’s PSID is incorrect.
3. Invalid EIN number.
4. The service key in use is incorrect.
5. Your QuickBooks application file is damaged or corrupt.
6. Your company file has some damage.
7. Windows not supporting the version of QuickBooks in use.
Now that you are comfortable with the causes of this error, you can move to the next section that’ll cover the solutions in-depth.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error PS077
Solutions For QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS036
As with the previous section, you saw the causes; you can see how many factors can possibly trigger errors PS036 in QuickBooks. There’s no one right solution that can fix it all. You need to be aware of the reason for your error and then implement the solution or solutions accordingly. Go through the methods explained below:
Solution 1: Check Your QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
Make sure to check your QuickBooks payroll subscription to check if it has expired or became invalid. Go through the measures given below:
1. Download the newest version of QuickBooks and Tax Table.
2. Open QuickBooks and sign in to your payroll service account.
3. Click on Employee and My Payroll Services. You can also click on Account/Billing Information.
4. Now, enter your login credentials and hit on Sign In.
5. After the login, you can move to the Payroll Details section.
6. Verify that the EIN gets displayed with the correct company name.
7. Click on Edit to the option that reads Payroll Admin. Make any changes necessary.
8. Now, click on Update, and then you can click on Close to save the changes.
9. You can now restart the system and download the updates again.
10. Open QuickBooks to check if your issue got resolved.
Move to the following set of steps if these measures haven’t fixed your error.
Solution 2: Rename Paysub.ini File
You can rename the paysub.ini file if it’s damaged or corrupt. Renaming it will give your file a fresh identity, one that’s free from damage or corruption. Go through the steps stated below:
1. Make this file visible if it’s hidden.
2. Click on My Computer and click on Organize.
3. Click on Folder And Search option and select the view tab.
4. Click on Hidden Files And Folders and tick-mark the Show Hidden Files, Folders And Drivers option.
5. Click on Apply and OK.
6. You can now move to the My Computer and search for Paysub.ini.
7. Right-click on the file and rename it.
8. Change the extension from .ini to .old.
9. Repeat the same procedure for all the Paysub files.
QuickBooks Error PS036 can get effectively resolved with the steps mentioned in this blog. Make sure to implement the measures stated in this blog with precision. Also, go through the causes to correctly diagnose the cause of your error.
If you are still having any trouble troubleshooting this error, you can reach out to the team of QuickBooks Professionals at 1-855-948-3646.