In case your system crashed, or you need to undo recent changes, then using a backup company file to restore the accounting data is recommended. In this post, we will be discussing the steps to use your backup company file to restore the company file in QuickBooks. Reading ahead will surely help you in finding the right steps to restore QuickBooks company file from the local backup.
However, if the user is looking for any sort of expert assistance, then contact our customer support team right away is suggested.
Steps to restore a backup company file in QuickBooks desktop
The user can perform the below steps to restore QuickBooks company file from local backup. In case the backup company file is on an external device like the USB or hosting service like Box, then the user will have to move it to the local hard drive.
- The very first step is to move to the File menu and select open or restore company
- After that choose restore a backup copy and also click on next tab
- Choose the local backup and also click on next tab
- The user should now browse the system for the backup company file
- This would look like the company file name with qbb as file extension
- After that, one needs to select a folder to decide where to save the restored company file and also choose open tab
- It should be noted that if the user opens the backup in the same folder as the existing company file, then he/she might end up in overwriting the data.
- In order to avoid overwriting anything, the user can rename the existing company file or the backup so the names are unique
- The user can also save the backup in a completely separate folder
- When done, the user should choose save tab
- In case any message appears, then select the option that best fits the needs
- And avoid overwriting unless you know you want to
This brings us to the end of the post, where we hope that the above-stated set of steps would be quite helpful to the QuickBooks user in restoring QuickBooks company file from the local backup.
However, in case there is any query, or if the user isn’t able to restore QuickBooks company file from the local backup, then contacting our QuickBooks pro technical support professionals at +1-844-405-0906 is suggested.