Innovation is the primary driver of every successful business. This is something that helps a business get a competitive edge over its competitors. Extensibility is the key you need to drive enhanced innovation across your business.
Previously, extensions were only developed with a rigid coupling of customer’s implementation over the existing SAP code. This resulted in numerous complications in refactoring the code paired with the constant need for enhancements.
Present extensibility strategies of SAP S/4 HANA Cloud are designed to help businesses manage different complications. In addition, it is also intended to encourage the cloud mindset with two different modes for the extension. The first mode is the in-app extensibility, while the other is the side-by-side extensibility.
In-app extensibility is designed to help you create different extensions within the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud solution itself. On the other hand, the side-by-side extensibility is designed to help you create extensions along with the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud solution. In addition, side-by-side extensibility is purely based on the SAP Cloud Platforms (SCP).
SAP Extensibility Explorer
Given the aforementioned strategies, you must have centralized storage accessible to everyone involved with the extensibility process. This helps everyone gain necessary insights into different alternatives of extensibility.
Here begins the role of the SAP Extensibility Explorer, which helps one explore all the offerings associated with the extensibility of SAP S/4 HANA Cloud. Primarily, SAP Extensibility Explorer offers you an entire repository of different sample scenarios that depict the effective ways to suffice any requirement. This is done by leveraging varied extensibility patterns that best serve your requirements.
Primary Offerings Of SAP Extensibility Explorer
The SAP Extensibility Explorer has a lot to offer as long as the user leverages the appropriate approach to use these features to their benefit. Some of these offerings include:
- Setting up samples on your specific landscape by adhering to the detailed steps mentioned in the setup guides.
- Access a comprehensive overview of every extension alternatives available for SAP S/4 HANA Cloud, including both in-app and side by side extensibility.
- Leverage numerous valuable tools available in SAP Extensibility Explorer.
- Leverage the ready-to-run samples and acquaint yourself with all the general implementation best practices of various extensions.
- View an extensive overview of all the prevalent extensibility patterns available for SAP S/4 HANA Cloud.
Users often find it challenging to wrap their heads around different extensibility patterns and concepts. This is where the sample scenarios of SAP Extensibility Explorer come into play as they help the user understand all the patterns and concepts associated with extensibility.
In addition, all these samples are created within a specific domain of business which can be anything from purchasing to time recording. Moreover, the sample scenarios can simplify the general patterns enabling one to decide the patterns that can be applied to different domains of the business.
What Do Sample Scenarios Explain?
The sample scenarios in SAP Extensibility Explorer are designed to comprehend different aspects of the extension development. These aspects include:
- Extending SAP S/4 HANA Cloud by creating different customized fields for the existing objects of the business.
- Creating alternative user interfaces for varied purposes enables you to choose the one that best suits your requirements.
- Creating an SAP Cloud Platform application and leveraging the services offered by SAP S/4 HANA Cloud.
- Automating the processes within the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud platform with the workflow service and rules engine of the SAP Cloud Platform. For instance, the automatic contract assignment.
- Using the in-app extensibility patterns to add the latest business logic into the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud platform data. For instance, providing customized business logic for existing business objects or creating entirely new business logic.
- Extending existing integration flows to support the customized fields.
- Creating analytical reports to generate new insights into SAP S/4 HANA Cloud data.
- Using the events from the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud platform to trigger an external application. For instance, the SAP Cloud Platform service or application.
Technical Aspects Of Development From Sample Scenarios
Sample scenarios made available by SAP Extensibility Explorer also deal with some of the most complex and technical aspects of development. Thus, let’s check out what you can learn from this.
- Implementing custom business logic in SAP S/4 HANA Cloud by leveraging ABAP programming language.
- Setting up integration between external systems such as the SAP Cloud Platform and SAP S/4 HANA Cloud platform.
- Using the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud SDK to leverage the services offered by the SAP Cloud Platform, implementation of automated tests, call OData APIs of SAP S/4 HANA Cloud and secure the Java Application.
- Managing different security aspects of the solution, including authorization, trust, authentication, and management of identity.
Different Tools Provided By The SAP Extensibility Explorer
SAP Extensibility Explorer offers a wide range of tools designed to serve varied purposes. Some of these tools include:
- SAP API Business Hub: This tool allows users to find the appropriate application interfaces for the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud platform.
- Extensibility Cockpit: The extensibility cockpit provides users with necessary extension points in SAP S/4 HANA Cloud.
- Localization Toolkit For SAP S/4 HANA Cloud: Users can use this tool to explore all the relevant localization extensibility for SAP S/4 HANA Cloud.
- SAP Cloud SDK: This tool enables users to develop applications by extending the SAP S/4 HANA Cloud platform.
- SAP Business Technology Platform Rapid Application Development By Mendix: Users can use this tool to access a visual toolset and a low code to facilitate the quick development of SAP business applications.
- SAP Business Technology Platform SDK for iOS: This tool is used to develop applications by extending SAP S/4 HANA Cloud for iOS.
- SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation: One can leverage this tool to create different software robots and automate all manual business processes. This is done using the pre-built content for SAP S/4 HANA Cloud from the bot store.
SAP Extensibility Explorer is one of the most valuable platforms you will find to get the most of your SAP S/4 HANA Cloud solution. Thus, keep this information in mind and leverage it to facilitate hassle-free extension. You will need this even after your SAP HANA migration.