QuickBooks error 213 may occur while working on the application due to a duplicate list element. Users often complain of getting errors while running the verify data utility. This blog will discuss the possible causes behind the error and its troubleshooting methods.
If you come across QuickBooks error 213 and you find yourself struggling to resolve the error, you can call us at our 1.800.579.0391 and take help from our experts.
Reasons that can cause the 213 error code in QuickBooks
We should be aware of the reasons behind the error to resolve it effectively. The possible reasons behind the 213 error code in QuickBooks are as follows:
- QBWin Log file has duplicate entries available.
- If two or more lists have the same name, you may get QuickBooks error 213.
- If the list items are damaged, the error might appear.
Effective steps to fix: QuickBooks Connection has been lost
How to resolve the Error 213
To resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Error 213, you need to access the log file through the QuickBooks application and delete the duplicate entries. Follow the steps as provided below:
Step 1: Opening the log file through QuickBooks
- Open your QuickBooks application and then press the F2 key.
- Press the F3 key when the Product Information window opens up.
- Go to the ‘Open File’ tab when the ‘Tech Help’ window appears.
- Double-click on the QBWin.log file to open it.
Step 2: Deleting the duplicate entries from the log file
- Scroll through the QBWin.log file to find the duplicate entries.
- You can also press the ‘Ctrl + F’ keys together to open the search command.
- Enter ‘Duplicate’ in the search bar.
- Right-click on the individual file and select the ‘Rename’ option.
- Repeat the process for all the duplicate entries.
Step 3: Running the Verify Data Utility to resolve error code 213
After removing all the duplicate entries, you need to run the verify data utility to fix the error 213. The steps are as follows:
- Open your QuickBooks application and click on the ‘File’ menu.
- Select the ‘Utilities’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Verify Data’ option and wait for the process to complete.
- After the process completes, go to the ‘File’ menu again.
- Select the ‘Utilities’ option and click on the ‘Rebuild Data’ option now.
- When the Rebuild process completes, run the ‘Verify Data’ tool again to complete the process.
Following the above-provided steps should help you get rid of the error. Through this article, we discussed the reasons that prompt QuickBooks Error 213 and its troubleshooting methods. If you are facing the error continuously and need help from an expert for resolution, contact us at our 1.800.579.0391.