Outlook is one of the email clients that are used by multiple users all over the globe. The need for an email client like Outlook is eminent in all sectors across the board. Business needs to interact with the rest of the world, which directly leads to the collection of multiple emails in their accounts. More & more interaction leads to the increase in the size of Outlook data files and the number of PST files.
Outlook users tend to make the PST file password protected to make them secure. Certain Outlook users look to change PST passwords at regular intervals. If you are looking for that approach, then you have landed on the right page. This write-up will take you up with a certain method to update the password of the Outlook PST file.
Quick Manual Ways to Change PST file Password for Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019
The user can manually update their PST file password from the Outlook account. To check the complete process of changing Outlook password then, please follow the given below steps:
- Firstly, the user should open their Outlook application on the system.
- From the File menu, the user needs to select Account Settings.
- From here, you are required to choose the Account Setting option.
- After that, choose the Data file tab from the Account Setting Window.
- From here, just select the desired Outlook PST files and make sure to click on Settings.
- Click on the Change Password in the Outlook Data file Window and then click on the OK button.
- Now the user can change PST password and click on the OK button. After that, the password will get changed.
The above-described method explained can cater to the newer version’s PST. If you have an Older PST file, say of Outlook 2003 version, you can utilize Scanpst.exe & pst19upg.exe utility to recover your PST file password.
But it is recommended to back up the PST data to avoid data loss situations. There are several downsides to using the manual approach to change PST passwords, which are given below. Later on, we will discuss a much better & reliable solution.
Limitations of the Manual Solution:
- This solution only helps users to change the PST file password whenever they know the old password.
- It is a time-consuming process when the users have multiple PST files.
- This process involves complex steps that the novice will find difficult to complete.
- Any single mistake during the PST file password updating process can lead to even data loss.
These are all common disadvantages of the manual approach, so it will be better to go with some professional third-party utility. Now we will cover a better solution to change PST password, which is easier to use and does not require prior technical skills for using it.
Professional Solution to Update the Outlook PST files Password
One better and more sorted way to solve this problem is using third-party software. One such solution is the Shoviv Outlook Password Recovery tool; this software not only helps to Change PST password but also allows recovering and resetting the PST password. The tool is capable of running on any Windows version.
This software’s main benefit is the ability to handle multiple PST files at once. It will not affect the processing speed of the utility adversely. Users can also add lengthy PST files to the software, which handles them efficiently without any problem. After completing every process, the software will also generate the process report. Also, the user can download the report on their system in HTML format.
All in all, the software provides better features and GUI, making it easier to use. It also comes with the free version, which allows unlocking the password from the Outlook PST of a maximum of 500 MB in size.
Changing the Outlook PST file seems to be an easier task, but when the user goes for it, and then it will become a difficult task. This write-up will address such issues and explain the method to change PST password, including manual and professional solutions. Ultimately, we would like to tell you that it is better to go with a reliable solution rather than thinking about monetary values.