QuickBooks encounters a multitude of technical errors on a daily basis. Some of these are company file errors, update errors, installation errors etc. This blog will discuss one such category of errors, the Multi-user mode issue. QuickBooks Error H505 is one of the most commonly arises H-series of glitches in QB that is triggered when the user attempts to switch to the multi-user mode. The sub-text makes the issue even more clear, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” To get a better view point, follow our blog below which talks about the causes and solutions attached to the same.
Looking for the perfect solution to say goodbye to QuickBooks Error H505? Call our 1-855-856-0042 and get into a one-to-one consultation session with one of our certified experts to receive the right guidance.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 1603
What is the reason behind QuickBooks Error Code H505?
- When QuickBooks is unable to locate the IP address of the server computer.
- A misconfigured hosting setting in the server and the workstations.
- A corrupted or invalid QuickBooks component files (Network Data).
- When QuickBooks services are not running actively on the computer.
- Incorrect DNS settings can also contribute to the occurrence of error H505 in QB.
How can QuickBooks Error Message H505 be eliminated permanently?
This section discusses about the tried and tested approaches that can resolve error H505 once and for all –
Troubleshooting Technique 1 – Configure the Host Settings in your Server and Workstations
- Move to your server device and open QuickBooks Desktop on it.
- Press the File menu and scroll down to the Utilities option.
- You need to choose the “Host Multi-User Access” option if it is visible to you and ignore the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” option if it is listed in the menu.
- Moving on to your workstations, access QuickBooks Desktop on any one of the affected ones.
- Click on File and go to Utilities.
- You might see “Host Multi-User Access” appear on your screen. If so, skip this computer.
- If you see the option “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access,” choose it and repeat this on all the workstations.
Troubleshooting Technique 2 – Add QuickBooks Exceptions in the Windows Firewall
- Press the Windows button and go to the search box.
- Type Control Panel and select the Control Panel option from the menu.
- When you are on a new screen, choose the Firewall Settings option.
- An “Add Program” section will be displayed on the screen. You need to select the “Allow a Program” option.
- In the Firewall Exception List, add QuickBooks 20XX, where XX is the version year.
- Tap on the Save button and close the window.
- For best results, reboot your device and relaunch QuickBooks.
After going through the above blog, we understand that if the troubleshooting methods are followed religiously, QuickBooks Error H505 can be eliminated from the device without any further hassles. If you would like to provide feedback or receive additional support, you can switch to our on-call tech support team at 1-855-856-0042 for reliable help.