QuickBooks is a heavy duty accounting application that has gained popularity recently due to its inclusion of the most advanced set of tools and features. Payroll is one of the most exploited off-springs of QB which is operated by the users to keep a track of their employee activity. Due to the software’s sync with the latest technology, it is important to update it regularly. But, several users have reported an error message saying “QuickBooks Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file” while they were installing the recent updates. Jump in to our blog below to get a better insight of the problem.
Tackling issues like QuickBooks Error 15270 can be troublesome. Get in touch with our pro-advisors at 1-855-856-0042 and say goodbye to this issue forever,
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks error 557
Factors Influencing Causes QuickBooks Error Code 15270
- An incorrect Employee Identification Number or Payroll Service Key is the most fundamental reason behind error 15270.
- If the user is trying to work an inactive payroll subscription.
- Unintentional removal of QB components or component files.
- An interruption in the installation of QB updates due to poor connectivity.
- If Internet Explorer is not used as the default web browser.
Simple Techniques To Fix QuickBooks Error Message 15270
Here are some of the basic yet necessary steps to follow in order to eliminate error 15270 in QuickBooks –
Technique 1 – Check Your Employee Identification Number And Service Key
For The Payroll Service Key:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your system.
- Tap on the Employees tab, hover over the Payroll option and choose Enter Payroll Service Key.
- Hit the Add button and go to the Payroll Service Key section.
- Enter Disk Delivery Key in the given fields and press the Finish button.
For Employee Identification Number:
- Visit the website of the Internal Revenue Service and make a note of your EIN.
- Now, access QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
- Hit the Company tab, go to My Company and check if the EIN entered there matches the one that you noted above.
- Correct the EIN if required and reopen QuickBooks.
Technique 2 – Verify If Your Payroll Subscription Is Active Or Not
- Double tap on the QuickBooks Desktop icon to launch it on your computer.
- Press the Employees tab menu, move your cursor to My Payroll Service.
- Here, choose one of the following visible options –
i.Account / Billing Information
ii.Account Info / Preferences
- Use your Intuit credentials to log in to your account and navigate to the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page.
- Check if the subscription status displays ACTIVE. If not, follow the on-screen wizard to re-active payroll.
Technique 3 – Update Your QuickBooks Desktop
- start the QuickBooks Desktop and Tap on Help button.
- Next, Click on The update QuickBooks, After it, Click on Update Now.
- At last, Click on Get Updates to start the update proces.
Some of the important points covered in the above blog are that QuickBooks Error 15270 arises usually when an incorrect Employee Identification Number is entered and if you rectify it, the error can go away. If you require further clarification for any section of the blog, consult our specialists at 1-855-856-0042.