Avast is a very common antivirus choice for users always and it offers solid protection from viruses. It offers a good antivirus service and users can also get more service by purchasing a paid version.
However, the users already know that just like any other service avast has also been never free from technical problems or glitches, and among which one of the most faced problems faced by the users is that Avast won’t open in Windows at all and it is not even showing any error message for the same.
There are several methods that could be used by people to get rid of the problem. In this article, we will let you know about the methods that have been provided successfully in tackling this problem.
Reasons responsible for causing the problem
Before going to the problems let us look at the reasons first which are causing the problems for the Avast which is why it is not opening in Windows.
- The first reason could be that the installation of the Avast has been broken and it may have been gone corrupted because of many things.
- The next reason could be that the antivirus service of Avast is not working properly for the users which means this is the trouble with the main service which should be resolved to fix the problem of Avast antivirus won’t open.
Solutions for the problem being faced
So now that you are aware of the few reasons that could be responsible for the problems that you are facing with Avast.
- To fix or you can also say to repair Avast
To repair the Avast the users need to carefully follow the steps that are given below –
- For the first step, the users have to make sure that they have been logged in the system using an administrator account as they would not be able to delete the programs if you use other types of accounts.
- In the next step, you need to click on the start button menu which will further open the Control panel via searching it. If you do not want to do it this way then the other way is to click on the gear icon which will be there on the screen in front of you which will open the Settings tab at the time when you are using Windows 10.
- Now once you are in the Control panel you will have to first select the option saying view as category further followed by clicking on the option of uninstalling a program.
- Now you need to look for the Avast in the control panel and then click on the option saying uninstall or repair.
- As soon as you will click on the Finish option your steps or process will be completed to fix the issue ofAvast doesn’t open.
2. Restarting the service of Antivirus in Avast
To begin the antivirus service of the Avast again the users just need to follow the steps that are given below for them –
- First of all, you have to click on the Windows key and R key together.
- After this you have to click on the services.msc in the box that has been newly opened and then you have to click on the ok to release the Services tool.
- Now you have to look for the Administrative tools and then you have to locate the shortcut of Services which will be at the bottom of the screen.
- After this, you need to navigate the Avast antivirus service and then select the Properties option from the menu.
- Later on, you have to click on the stop button later on and then type the startup menu to finish, and then finally hit the Start button to submit up the procedure completely.
You can also read: https://telegra.ph/How-to-Resolve-the-Issue-of-Avast-Not-Opening-in-Windows-10-11-18