QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 commonly occur when users notice any new payroll update available and try to update that. But also, you may come across this glitch when trying to open the QB company data file that holds the ‘.qbw‘ extension. If this error is bothering you and you don’t know how to fix it, continue with this blog. We have provided the easiest methods to eliminate Error 6073 in QuickBooks by going through simple steps.
If you’re curious to know about the causes behind this error, then we can’t highlight a single reason as this issue may come up due to various factors. Some of the potential triggers that can compel error codes 6073 and 9901 to pop up are below-listed.
To get a hassle-free resolution, you should not hesitate to contact our QuickBooks Error Support team by just dialing our toll-free number (800)-314-0226. They will fix the error for you in a shorter time.
What Causes QuickBooks Error message 6073 99001?
The following are the primary causes that can trigger QuickBooks Desktop Error 6073 99001.
- The file is already open on another workstation in Single User mode or when multi-user mode is disabled
- When the network computer has saved the file in a read-only framework, then QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 may arise
- If the remote system is working on the company file and the host computer understands that the user is still logged-in into the network, then the error code reflects on your screen
- Using multiple login credentials for login to the shared folder is another reason that can evoke this problem in the software
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error code 6073 99001?
Check out the below-given solutions to deal with QuickBooks Error 6073 while accessing the company file.
Solution 1: Log in to the QuickBooks as an Administrator
- First of all, shut down your system in which QB is installed.
- Now, open the PC as a system admin by entering the username or password if needed.
- Go to the QuickBooks application and make a right-click on that.
- Choose Run as administrator.
- Lastly, check if you are now able to open the company file.
- If the QuickBooks Enterprise Error 6073 persists, move to the next solution
Solution 2: Manually resolve the error -6073, -99001
Users can manually troubleshoot QuickBooks company file Error 6073 in different conditions that are the following.
Condition 1: If the company file is open in network computer in Single User mode
- Close QB Desktop on all workstations in the network.
- Launch the company data file on the Host system.
- Move to the File menu and click over the Switch to Multi-user mode option.
- If this way doesn’t work, reboot all workstations.
Condition 2: If the company file is open in the Host System with Single User mode.
- Open QBD and go to the File section, then choose Close Company.
- Again, open the company file and click on the File menu. Then, hit a click on Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open a company file >> Next.
- Browse and pick your preferred company file.
- After that, choose Open file in multi-user mode and then Open.
Condition 3: If your company file is in a read-only folder
- Go to your hosting computer that hosts the company files.
- Open the folder where all the Company’s raw files are saved.
- Right-click on this folder, then go to Properties.
- Move to the Security tab.
- Choose the user that is having issues while logging in >> Edit.
- Check the system is allowed for Full Control.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
Condition 4: If the host computer is being accessed remotely through LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.
In this case, you will need to fix the issue by running the Quick Fix my Program from the QB Tools
- Hub. Steps to consider are below-
- Download and Install the QuickBooksToolHub on your computer.
- Double-click on the QB Tools Hub icon, then move to Program Problems.
- Here, you have to opt for the Quick Fix my Program.
- Start the QBD application and open your company data file.
Need Help In Fixing QuickBooks Error 6073 99001?
We know that, after going through the above troubleshooting methods, users can get rid of QuickBooks Error 6073 and 99001 with ease. In some cases, if you meet any issue or are unable to follow the instructions precisely, we have streamlined our QuickBooks Error Support team. They are reachable at a toll-free number (800)-314-0226 and will fix the error for you.