aka.ms/accountsettings is a web address associated with a Minecraft error notification, this error is sometimes displayed for players who need to make adjustments to their settings in order to join a friend’s game on Minecraft Realms. However, one of the big issues with this is that the web address itself no longer exists. Here, we will take a more in- depth look at this Minecraft notification and also talk about the solution to this problem.
What is aka.ms/accountsetting error?
The aka.ms/accountsetting error is a notification that is displayed to Microsoft Minecraft users, who are trying to connect to the realm of a friend. This notification asks the Minecraft users to visit http:/aka.ms/accountsettings and make adjustments to their settings. However, the biggest issue that arises with error is the fact that aka.ms/accountsettings web address no longer leads to the appropriate settings page and instead it redirects to the help center page of Minecraft on how to manage parental issues and other related troubleshooting issues. This is the reason why many users who encounter this problem are unsure about what needs to be done. Microsoft wants to make sure a child account doesn’t view adult content, that’s why it has put so many restrictions to a child’s account and only the parent account holder can lift some of these restrictions.
Why does aka.ms/account setting error occur?
- The main situation in which a player may encounter this account settings error during a Minecraft session is when he/she is attempting to play multiplayer with a friend online.
- The error occurs when there is a problem with the privacy settings within your Minecraft Microsoft account and it mainly affects the child accounts (accounts belonging to under 18 years).
- This error is especially common when the account is connected to a parent account, which has restricted settings.
- Importantly, the error notification is an alert that there is a privacy setting issue that needs to be resolved.
How to fix the aka.ms/account setting error?
If you are playing Minecraft on an Xbox console, and you are not able to access the page mentioned in the notification, you can make changes to your settings by visiting https://account.xbox.com/settings
After visiting the link mentioned above, follow the steps below to solve this error:-
- Visit the link and sign in to the parent account with which your child account is linked.
- Enter your username and password to sign in.
- After signing in, click on the child’s account profile
- After that, go to the privacy tab, and make sure Others Can Communicate With Voice, Text or Invites option is set to everybody or friends.
- Then, click the Xbox One / Windows 10 Online tab and then select Allow for Join Multiplayer Games.
- Then click You can create and join clubs.
After following the steps, it will fix the error Minecraft aka.ms/accountsettings. You will not face the same error issue in the future, just make sure all the steps are carefully read and implemented according to that.