Getting an error message that reads “Server Busy. This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy” does not always mean that the issue is with the file hosting server. QuickBooks server bust error can also affect a user running QuickBooks in single-user mode and having the company file saved on the machine’s local storage. Server busy error can appear anytime in QuickBooks, like opening the program or company file in it. After investigating the error, we have found some apparent reasons why you get a server busy error message on your screen. Further in this article, you will find all those reasons why QuickBooks throws the server bust error message and tools and methods you will require to resolve the error for good.
Users who find it tricky to resolve server busy error can contact QuickBooks Desktop support at 1.800.579.0391 and ask QuickBooks experts for the best advice resolving the issue
These are the Reasons that Trigger Server Busy Error in QuickBooks
- Having several programs running in the background of your PC is the most apparent reason for getting the busy server error in QuickBooks.
- If your Windows operating system is missing the latest updates released by Microsoft.
- General issues in the QuickBooks program files can also trigger the server busy error message in the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- If your QuickBooks Desktop installation has been damaged by some other program or because of partial installation.
Let’s begin the troubleshooting now and fix all the issues mentioned above.
Troubleshooting to Fix Desktop Server Busy Error
Solution 1: Get Rid of Background and AutoRun Programs on Windows
- Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager or press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to open it.
- Go to the Applications tab and right-click each program you want to close.
- Select End Task after right-clicking the program to close all programs.
- Now move to the Startup tab and right-click the programs you want to remove from the auto startup list.
- Select Disable and following the same way, remove unnecessary programs set to run automatically.
Solution 2: Download and Install the Latest Updates Released by Microsoft for your Windows OS
- Go to the Control Panel and move to the System and Security section.
- Select Update Windows and click the Check for Updates option, and Windows will start looking for the most recent updates.
- If the updates are available, Windows will download them for you.
- Click the Install Now button and restart your Windows for the updates to be installed.
Solution 3: Repair the Damage in the QuickBooks Installation using Quick Fix my Program Tool
- Download, install and run QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system experiencing the error and go to the Program Problems tab.
- Select Quick Fix my Program tool and repair the QuickBooks installation files issues.
Finally, if the QuickBooks server busy error is still not resolved, repair QuickBooks installation by getting in touch with our QuickBooks support team at 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : Steps to Debug QuickBooks Error 80029c4a