First of all, you must understand a few easy things before you move ahead. In essence, an Extender is a repeater that extends the WiFi spectrum the same way a router does. It is basically a router in itself but functions with the existing router in sync. This tutorial still functions on all iterations of the Linksys Extender Setup, so you don’t need to worry about it. Let us move on to the next stage after saying this.
Linksys Extender Setup
Configuration steps of Linksys WiFi Extender Configuration
- Connect a power socket to the Extender and wait until all indications are secure. For faster access during the initial Linksys Extender Configuration launch, choose to hold the Linksys Extender next to your router. After the initial initialization, you should plug it anywhere inside your premises. Now, with “What is Linksys Extender Setup?” you’ll get straight and it’s pretty simple.
- Next, connect the Extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Note that in order to create seamless communication, the entire setup stage should be done with a wired network.
- Please also note that your PC should be connected to the router by either WiFi or Ethernet cable.
- Now open a tab on your PC in the search bar and pick 192.168.1.1 and enter the strike. What’s mywifiext setup?
- The page on Extender.linksys.com is open. Click the Login button and keep the field of your username as a password and select admin.
- You’re signed in and directed to the tab for settings.
- Navigate to the wireless menu from the top panel and toggle on Basic Wireless Settings. Go to the View tab for Settings and set the mode to Manual. It will then ask for an SSID tag. SSID is simply the WiFi name of the network system.
Find the WiFi name of the Linksys Extender using a smartphone and type the same WiFi name in the SSID region of the Extender.
What is an Extender Configuration for Linksys?
- Shift the WPA/WPA2 authentication option next to the Wireless Safety option, since it is the most stable wireless network security protocol.
- Enter a solid password, including alphabet, digits, and characters, and pick Save Settings.
- Now go to Advanced Improvements and open the Reboot menu. Click the Reset button to complete the Linksys Range Extender Setup.
- After around 30 seconds, you can restart and pair the router with the Linksys Extender without any problems.
- Switch off the router and hit every corner of your building with the Extender. You will continue to have better WiFi coverage and without a drop in the network, you will enjoy the Internet. This is how you can set up the Range Extender for Linksys.
Visit the website extender.linksys.com for Linksys RE6350 Setup