Mobile game development is not a simple process, despite the potential revenue-earning power of mobile games apps. Mobile game development is a competitive field with countless game apps being launched every day. The key aspect of these projects is selecting the best mobile game development tools from a top-rated Mobile Game Development Company. It is often difficult to choose the right tool because there are so many available.
We have compiled a shortlist of some of the most popular mobile game development tools.
Unity3D is a game engine that allows you to develop games. This engine is used to develop around three-quarters of all mobile games on the market. Unity is a popular game engine that has many key features.
- Unity is a cross-platform engine that allows developers to create and deploy the core codebase across multiple mobile platforms like iOS and Android.
- Unity3D game Development has a strong built-in store that helps game developers. It contains a large repository of game assets ready to use, which speeds up development.
- Unity’s asset store makes it easy to learn with its 2D/3D rendering capabilities and extensive tutorials.
- Unity’s strength is also its strong and growing developer community.
- Multilingual support allows you to create games for a global audience.
- Unity supports high-quality graphics through the OpenGL API.
Solar2D is a popular tool for mobile game development. It can be used to create high-quality 2D mobile apps. The popularity of this Lua-based engine lies in its ease-of-use and variety of game uses. The SDK is open-source, free, and provides comprehensive support for all OS platforms. Here are some of the key reasons you should choose it for your game project:
- Solar2D has an active developer community that allows you to use 2D game design plugins and features.
- Solar2D Playground, an interactive web platform that allows game developers to create and manage online games, is called Solar2D Playground.
- This game tool is compatible with iOS and Android mobile platforms as well as desktop platforms like Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- It supports smart TV apps such as Android TV and Apple TV.
Fusion is another popular mobile game development tool that has been rising in popularity for creating high-quality 2D games quickly. The game engine also offers a wide range of extensions objects that can be used to create mobile games. These are some of the main reasons you should use this game engine.
- Fusion includes a visual editor that allows you to add different elements to the game app such as text and game characters.
- It supports both iOS and Android platforms.
- This basic and free plan is great for creating various games.
Buildbox allows you to create a mobile app using drag-and-drop technology. This tool is used by game developers and companies to create robust Proof of Concept (POC), or dynamic game prototypes. These are some of the key reasons you should choose this game development tool.
- Buildbox is a cross platform game development tool that supports all mobile platforms (iOS, Android, and Desktop).
- This tool provides a rich library of assets and editors tools that allow you to create a strong gaming experience.
- It’s used in many popular games, including 360 Maze, Spirit Line and Wall Switch.
SpriteKit is the best mobile game development tool for iOS. SpriteKit, a widely-used game engine that Apple created, offers many design options and development tools that are compatible with iOS. Here are some key reasons you should choose this engine for your next app project:
- Developers can use the SpriteKit framework to draw, add text, create shapes and create 2D video for their game projects.
- This tool is ideal for developing graphics-intensive games apps.
- SpriteKit is the easiest and most intuitive interface for creating iOS games for iPhones and iPads.
- This tool doesn’t require you to download additional libraries, or rely on external sources.
- This tool is completely free to use.
It is second on any mobile game development tool list, after Unity 3D. It is considered the most complete engine, providing everything a game designer needs. It was created by Epic Games and is the best tool for AAA+ action gaming. Here are some reasons you should choose Unreal Engine to power your next game project:
- Unreal Engine is able to offer immersive virtual gaming environments by following real-world laws and physics.
- Unreal is a powerful engine with rich graphics and animation development capabilities.
- Unreal allows developers to create realistic virtual characters within minutes.
- You can access many learning resources free of cost and get instant assistance from other experts developers.
- Unreal supports all major OS platforms and game projects.
- Unreal Engine, despite having so many features, is still free.
It’s a popular tool for mobile game development that is cross-platform and widely used. For developing game apps, it uses C++ programming language. The code can be used across platforms thanks to the cross-platform approach. These are some of the key reasons you should choose this game development tool.
- This tool has a major advantage: it allows for faster development and quicker release across all app stores.
- It provides robust graphics rendering via OpenGL API, or the appropriate layer of Marmalade SDK.
- Open architecture.
- It guarantees the app’s robust and uninterrupted performance.
- It also includes a test simulator.
CryEngine is a reliable mobile game development tool for creating robust and engaging 3D games apps for various OS platforms including Android, Windows PC, and Console. CryEngine is versatile and can be used to develop action or other games. CryEngine is often used by developers in conjunction with C++, Visual Studio ActionScript and Lua to create high-quality games. CryEngine’s key capabilities and features are the following.
- It includes advanced game development features like Voxel-Based Global Illumination and Depth of Field, Motion Bar, Motion Bar, Shadow Maps, Level Design, Depth of Field, Motion Bar, Motion Bar, Depth of Field, Motion Bar, Motion Bar, Depth of Field, Motion Bar, Motion Bar, Motion Bar for each object, Flowgraph, and so on.
- It also features advanced AI-based features that provide an intelligent gaming experience.
- This game engine is built on high-quality animation and graphic capabilities.
Cocos2dx is a well-known open-source game development tool. It’s easy to create cross-platform game apps using GUI-based interactions. These are some of the main reasons this game engine is so popular.
- Smaller code footprints mean faster loading speeds and better performance.
- It’s not just a cross-platform tool, but it also allows you to create games that offer a consistent user experience across all devices.
- Cocos2D boasts a stellar list of customers including Zynga and Disney Mobile.
- It is completely free.
MonoGame, another open-source game development tool, is based on Microsoft XNA 4 Framework. It allows you to create game apps for Windows, Xbox 360 and Windows Phone. This tool has a robust tooling system, strong community support, and robust cross-platform support. It also boasts a staggering market presence in top games like Fez, Bastion and Infinite Flight.
Last but not the least, mobile game development tools can play a significant role but they won’t do all for you. To grow your business, you need to make sure that the game apps are easily found and that players engage with them. The development team has a lot of work to do, so design and development skills are a natural part of the job. If you want your game to go viral and grow in player engagement, then strong marketing activities must be a priority. To get more detail about Game development contact to Glownight Games
Glownight Games is a leading Game Development Company that offers a comprehensive and exceptional array of game development services to its clients, aimed at delivering paramount quality engaging games.